Try ewido and see if it finds anything. Also, try Ad-Aware SE. Let us know what they find please.
Ad-Aware SE (a scanner, download, check for updates, read the directions and scan).
Dowload link http://www.ewido.net/en/
* Install ewido security suite
* When installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck "Install background guard" and "Install scan via context menu".
* Launch ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop double-click it.
* The program will now go to the main screen
You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.
* On the left hand side of the main screen click Update
* Then click on Start Update
The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update ewido.
Once the updates are installed do the following:
* Click on scanner
* Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
* While the scan is in progress you will be prompted to clean files, click OK
* When it asks if you want to clean the first file, put a check in the lower left corner of the box that says "Perform action on all infections" then choose clean and click OK.
* Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report
* Click Save report.
* Save the report .txt file to your desktop.
Now close ewido security suite.
Whenever I do a search, like on google, or msn and I get a list of web pages that match my keywords...I go to click on the link, and it takes me to another search engine. Search engines I have never heard of, for that matter. I have done 2 spyware scans (pc-cillin and spybot s&d) and neither of them locate any spyware whatsoever. I also did a virus scan, and nothing comes up. I also went to my "add/remove programs" in the control panel to see if there were any programs installed that could be the culprit, but only normal programs are there. And, for some reason, when I clear my cookies and offline files in "internet options" it stops for a little bit, but give it 15 minutes and it starts doing it again.
Anyone know anything about this? I am running windowsXP on an e-machines T2892.
Any help would be appreciated!