Computer Help forum

General discussion

SpyBot S&D

When I do a seach with S&D, two problems occur that are not checked so I do not have them repaired. They are BlackWeb lite and MiniBug. Both are red-problem problems. They seem to be registry related. May I check them to repair without destroying my system? The BlackWeb lite has over 60 errors and the MiniBug about five problems. Any suggestions or help? Thanks, Paul

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: SpyBot S&D
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: SpyBot S&D
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Spybot

In reply to: SpyBot S&D

It sounds safe to delete them. Note that Spybot has an undo facility in case something goes wrong.

Kees

Collapse -
minibugs

In reply to: Re: Spybot

I use a free version of a weather station called Weather Bug. It installs a mini bug which sends adware to the weather screen when im using it. Its harmless and my choice to use the free version in lieu of paying to get rid of the ads. Sbybot always finds five mini bugs that are related to the weather program. I have set Spybot to ignore these. I think you can right click on an item to get more details on what it is if I remember correctly. Do you use the advanced mode? In the upper left corner choose tools or options until you find the one that says "easy mode" or "advanced mode". Advanced mode gives you a lot more tools to use and access.

Ken

Collapse -
It is

In reply to: minibugs

It is safe to delete the mini transport dll in the AWS folder. Weather bug doesn't need this dll to function.

Collapse -
thank you

In reply to: It is

Yes I used to delete the mini bug transport for Weather Bug but found it reinstalls everytime I open Weather Bug so I finally left it there and set SB to ignore it so it does'nt come up again in scan.

Actually the ads on Weather Bug are getting way to bright, blinky, and flashy for me so im ready to uninstall it anyway. Think I will go back to free version of The Weather Channel as its not nearly as obstrusive and "in your face" with ads as WB. I know SbyBot picks up adware from it to but at least TWC is not going to set of bouts of epileptic seizures! lol

Ken

Collapse -
RE:SPYBOT S&D

In reply to: SpyBot S&D

COPY WHAT YOU ASKED HERE AND DEFINATELY POST IT IN THE VIRUS FORUMS YOU WILL GET THE ANSWER YOU NEED.THEY HAVE BEEN A HUGE HELP TO ME.TRUST ME ITS WORTH IT!

Collapse -
SPYBOT

In reply to: RE:SPYBOT S&D

ALSO GO HERE FOR ALL YOUR SPYBOT QUESTIONS:
WWW.MALEKTIPS.COM I FOUND STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS AND SIGHNED UP TOO GOOD LUCK

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.