Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

Spybot immunization

by eelnavi / January 1, 2009 12:54 AM PST

Windows XP version 2002 SP2 home edition
AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1800+
1.53Ghz, 512 mb of RAM

Currently have following utilities: Avast, Ad-aware, Spybot, Spywareblaster, CWshredder, Ccleaner, ATF-cleaner. (Might install Hijack This)

When I immunize in Spybot 1.6.0.31, everything is protected. For the 1st time there were still some that were unprotected (20650 actually!). They were found in the following categories:

-----------------------------------------------------------
Firefox
-default (Images)
-default (Installations)
-default (Popups)

IE (32 bit)
-\Software (Domains)
-\Software (Secure Domains)

IE (32/64 bit)
-.Default (Domains)
-.Default (Secure Domains)
-Administrator (Domains)
-Administrator (Secure Domains)
-Temp (Cookies)
-Temp (Domains)
-Temp (IPs)
-Temp (Secure Domains)
-in (Secure Domains) and (Domains) of 3 different user accounts

Windows
-Global (Hosts)
------------------------------------------------------------

What needs to be done? Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Spybot immunization
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Spybot immunization
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Try this
by roddy32 / January 1, 2009 1:52 AM PST
In reply to: Spybot immunization

Go to the immunization part of the program and hit the "undo" button at the top. After that is done, hit the "green immunize" button again and see if that fixes it. Make sure all your browsers are closed when you do it.

Collapse -
Problem almost solved
by eelnavi / January 1, 2009 9:36 PM PST
In reply to: Try this

The 'undo' tip kind of worked. Still have 20305 unprotected.

IE (32 bit)
- Temp (Cookies)= 193
- Temp (Domains)= 10038
- Temp (IPs) = 36
- Temp (Secure Domains)= 10038

Collapse -
I have exactly the same
by roddy32 / January 1, 2009 10:10 PM PST
In reply to: Problem almost solved

number as you do but mine are protected and not unprotected. There have been many bugs in this featrue of Spybot for many years but they may have a may of fixing it besides the undo thing that I don't know about so maybe if you checked the Spybot forum, you might see a suggestion.

Main Spybot forum
http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=4

Collapse -
IF You're Running The Current
by tobeach / January 2, 2009 4:30 PM PST
In reply to: Problem almost solved

versions of Ad-Aware (2008) there was reported conflicts w/ that & Spybot (Tea Timer in particular, if memory serves). Similar conflict w/ AVG 8. This could be the source of the problem. No problem w/ the now defunct Ad-Aware SE (sob!). personally, I'm keeping Spybot (for now) and the new AAW will not be going on. Just me. Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.