Phones forum

General discussion

Sprint & the Samsung SPH-M520 - Slowly driving me insane.

Since early June when I got my new SPH-M520, I've had to...

Reset my voicemail 3 separate times when prompted as I was attempting to simply check my voicemail... which had already been set up... each time.

E-mail customer service, visit the Sprint store (even to the extent of going directly back in right after leaving when the phone was reset because it SILL wasn't doing what they told me it would do...), & call the "tier 2" service number to resolve an issue with not being able to download game & ringer content. This was eventually solved after several reset/update tries in the phone, & eventually a 'factory default reset'.

E-mail & call tech support about this as-of-yet-unresolved issue where I get the error message "Info alert System Info Alert System Failure: Exception getting alert for rule pmltpm87" when trying to upload photos to my picturemail account, or send picture mail. When I try to access picturemail via the web @ http://pictures.sprintpcs.com, I encounter this error: "PM 87: Picture Mail access failure. Please call Customer Solutions".

Each time I try to get an issue resolved, I go through the same "reset this/reset that" set of steps until I'm told by e-mail to call the sprint service number, by the service number to go to the store, and by the store to call the service number yet again when all they've done is to call the service number in the first place while I stood there and looked at them?

Why do you have e-mail support and/or people in the store for customer service when all they're there for is to tell you to call the customer service line?

Can you please tell me why on Earth I should keep this phone/plan?

If my phone is reset (yet again!), will I lose any downloaded content like ringtones & games... since they inexplicably can't be saved to the MicroSD card or transferred to other Bluetooth devices? (Why am I not allowed to control/transport content that I paid for in the first place?)

I can't remember a time when I have dealt with any entity this inept at resolving an issue. Seriously. Would you personally accept this level of service from anything in life that you actually pay for?

If I email about more than one question at a time, typically I get a response to only one facet of my inquiry.

I made a visit to the Sprint store this evening to try and (yet again) resolve the issue by a 'factory default reset' of my phone.

They did the typical 'take my phone & tell me to come back in an hour' thing... I do... & they give me a post-it note w/ the 877-345-7895 "tier 2" service line number on it.

At this point, I just can't take it any more. I explain to the girl everything that I just stated above, and how I had talked to someone at the 877-345-7895 number the previous evening, & that they sent me in to the store for the factory reset.

She goes to get the manager, who is of course busy with other customers, so my name is added to the queue. Before the manager is done, a guy from the back comes out to help.

I go through him with all of the issues, show him the phone & online error messages, he gets on the phone with Sprint...

The final resolution is STILL to call the 877-345-7984 "data services" number & give them my Network Trouble Ticket Number.

They should have a resolution in a few days, I'm told... when this is the same department that I've dealt with several times previously.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sprint & the Samsung SPH-M520 - Slowly driving me insane.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sprint & the Samsung SPH-M520 - Slowly driving me insane.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.