Phones forum

General discussion

Sprint Motorola Razr V3m transfer music files help

by Rekahn / January 4, 2007 11:32 AM PST

Does music need to be in a certain format for this phone?
I have installed Motorola phone tools 4.36 version software and have tried to transfer music files to my phone without any luck.
The message on the phone will state the following;You can buy music from the sprint music store, or you can load music from your PC. I have tried both MP3 and WMA so far and they will load into a "mixed media" folder on the phone but the phone doesn't acknowledge the files being there.
Checking the Sprint store, they state the following; When you purchase and download a music file from the Sprint Music StoreSM, you get two versions of the song: one to download and play on your phone (file type: AAC+), and another to download from http://musicstore.sprint.com and play on your PC (file type: WMA).

I am not familiar with an AAC+ music file. If thats to say that I must re-buy those same songs again in this different format from Sprint @ $2.50 a pop is sheer madness! Not to mention that each includes a WMA version that I allready own.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sprint Motorola Razr V3m transfer music files help
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sprint Motorola Razr V3m transfer music files help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Very nice, I found an answer to my problem!
by Rekahn / January 7, 2007 5:34 AM PST
Collapse -
music from your pc to your razr v3m
by Chato007 / January 7, 2007 5:51 AM PST

people at the sprint counter told me to just convert to wma, didnt work. But I read your comment about ussing acc; that did it!
just convert your music files to acc and drag them into your music folder of your sd card that comes with your cell phone.
I suggest to first install the ampty card into the cell phone so tha software recognizes it and formats it and crates the Music file, then drag your acc music into in to it ussing your PC.
To convert any audio file to acc I suggest going to this site:
zamzar.com
you dont have to download any software, just load up your music, select acc, add your email and press convert....thats it!
Best of luck!

Collapse -
Sorry, I really didn't answer the question in this thread!
by Rekahn / January 27, 2007 9:06 AM PST

I just gave a link to Howard Forums to find answers. You mentioned that wma, didnt work. But I read your comment about ussing acc; that did it!
Well, MP3 works fine on this phone too.
You can install an empty card like you said and let the phone format it. Then use a card reader to drag your music files (MP3 Format works too) to the music files folder on the card. Since MP3 is one of the most common, I am glad it worked on this phone!

Collapse -
With the RAZR V3
by PudgyOne / January 27, 2007 12:35 PM PST

I know that there isn't a lot of memory. I edit the mp3's with Audacity, and cut the song down to 30 seconds(how long your phone rings), you can get more ringtones on your phone that way.

Using Motorola Phone tools, after you're connected, click on Multimedia Studio, click on Melody Studio and then locate your mp3's. The program will put transfer the song for you. If the song does NOT go, it's possible that you have used up all the memory in the phone.

Hope this helps.

Rick

Collapse -
Transfer regular songs to your Razor Phone
by Ehaley / February 16, 2007 10:14 AM PST

I listened to CHATO007 and their right! Just Follow their lead and it works Go to zamzun.com and the'll transfer the file for ya then just click drag and drop in your music folder on your 64mb card in tour phone.

Collapse -
Cannot play my MP3's on my Sprint RAZR v3m
by gdstuart / February 19, 2007 2:33 AM PST

I transferred MP3 files to the RAZR but how do I play them? When I press Music, it starts to take me to the Sprint Music Store but then pops an error that the SD card isn't readable (not true, since I have put songs there with the MPT software).

Is there some other way to play them?

Thanks.

Collapse -
I don't know how
by dwilli4 / March 7, 2007 2:12 AM PST

I was able to add a song to my phone. It was an mp3 phone and it should up in the same place where the songs are store from the music store. I was only able to do this one song out of about 4 I tried.

Collapse -
Folder name for MP3 files on RAZR
by gdstuart / March 7, 2007 3:24 AM PST
In reply to: I don't know how

What is the folder name where you copy the MP3 files to? I just got my phone replaced so it has no music on it now.

What tool did you use to transfer? Did you pull the SD card and put it into a reader or are you using Motorola Phone Tools Multimedia Studio or File Transfer?

Thanks!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?