HolidayBuyer's Guide

Phones forum

General discussion

sprint

by oragane78 / March 14, 2007 4:41 AM PDT

HI,
I am a current tmobile customer and i was thinking about switching to sprint, and i heard that they are a roaming partner of Verizon, is this true? and also what sprint phone would you advise me to get.

Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: sprint
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: sprint
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sanyo's are the best!!!!!!!!
by Goodgyrl / March 14, 2007 7:15 AM PDT
In reply to: sprint

I'm not sure about their roaming partner. But I love that most of sprint's plans include free roaming. As far as the phone it depends on what features you want. But I will say that Sanyo's are by far the best phones. Right now I have the Sanyo 8400. It's a camera phone and u can record video with it. I had the Sanyo 3100 it was also a camera phone. No camcorder though. Back to the 8400, it's a Flip phone, has a external antenna, bluetooth capable, media player, and a micro SD memory card.

Collapse -
Well i just love samsung!!!
by Sketch12301-21419138911890778597547577052024 / March 14, 2007 10:21 AM PDT

Most samsung phones sprint has now are very very sleek try for example the samsung m900 it has mp3 buttons on front and a rotaing 1.3 mp camera all for 29.99 this is only a limited offer though so hurry. or try a more high end version the m610 which has a 2 mp camera and is less than a half in thick both phones are on sprints evdo connection so they surf the net good but the m610 is more pricey and i think is better than the m900 cuz unlike the m900 it has expandable of up 2 gb so thats always good but if u just want a phone that is cheap and sleek try the a640 which has the cool effect of have no exturnal screen but when u hit the volume button u a oled screen appears it rather cool and it has a decent vga camera plus ready link connection. the cheapest is the a640 then the mm900 followed by the m610 so good luck with samsung they have great user interface with lovly screens!

Collapse -
forgot to mention...
by Sketch12301-21419138911890778597547577052024 / March 14, 2007 10:27 AM PDT

both the m900 and m610 can handle mp3s and have bluetooth and are in sprint power vision service...if i were u and had the money i'd purchase the m610 which is 180 after a rebate but intially u pay 330 later u recieve rebate

Collapse -
thanks, one more question
by oragane78 / March 14, 2007 10:38 AM PDT

Hi,

Are these phones durable?

Collapse -
WEll i have the m900 and....
by Sketch12301-21419138911890778597547577052024 / March 16, 2007 1:56 PM PDT

I have the m900 and i have dropped it a couple times and i only have like 1 small scrath out of 4 drops but one of my friends friend who also has it has like gashes and scratches all over it but i mean hugh obvious scraches and it still works like a normal phone to make phone calls but if u want durability for example if ur a constuction worker and ur in that enviorment then u should try nextel instead their phones are designed for rugged use, but if u still want sprint then try sanyos they are the most rugged (least attractive) on the sprint network. And if u want a media-centric phone by sanyo then try the sanyo m1 which has a gigabyte of memory and mp3 player plus a 2 mp camera with autofocus so thats a good durable multimedia phone, although not the trendiest it is very useful. I would still go for samsung if ur not gonna be to harsh on the phone but if ur a brute then i would look at sanyo or nextel.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.