Samsung forum

General discussion

Spots on Samsung TV

by Chieffreeze / September 21, 2012 9:47 AM PDT

I have read many posts about this same problem. I tried the Facebook option and I called Samsung but they told me the same thing, I will have to pay. The TV is only 3 or 4 years old. It shouldn't be going bad already.

Please Ambassador help me get this fixed. The spots are growing exponentially by the day.

My TV Information and Transaction number is:

Model: HL-T6187S
SN: AHEK3CKP801581K
Transaction Number: 2115044440

Thank you

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Spots on Samsung TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Spots on Samsung TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Spots on Samsung TV
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 24, 2012 5:21 AM PDT
In reply to: Spots on Samsung TV

Chieffreeze,

I consulted the transaction number that you provided and verified that the agent you spoke with correctly evaluated your situation. It has been determined that only specific models exhibited a slightly higher-than-normal failure rate. Although your TV has similar symptoms, it may or may not be the same cause and has been deemed as part of normal wear and tear of the unit. The symptom can help indicate which part needs to be replaced, but it doesn't mean that the particular part was defective from manufacturing.

Samsung can refer an authorized service center to perform any needed repairs. Because you're out of warranty, the cost of any such repairs will borne by you. We are more than happy to set this service for you. If you would like to receive quotes on service from an Authorized Service Center near you please visit http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location and let us know where you would like for us to schedule the repair.

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
Spots on Samsung TV
by Chieffreeze / October 6, 2012 1:44 PM PDT

Thanks for help. It is unfortunate when someone buys an expensive product and expects it to last longer than five years and it doesn't make much more than three. Our previous television (a different brand) lasted over ten years? I guess I will have to do a better job of shopping next time.

Collapse -
Same problem as others but not enough data
by Chieffreeze / October 7, 2012 12:40 AM PDT

There is obviously a problem with Samsung DLP TVs and the spots. To say some TVs qualify for a one time fix and some don't, is baffling, frustrating, and unexplainable. The facts are there, the symptoms are the same, yet some TVs are segregated from the fix. I have to pay to fix a TV that is about three years old and others with the same documented problem, and older TVs, get a free fix. How is that justifiable?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.