PC Applications forum

General discussion

Spotmau does not boot from CD

by rapheek / February 17, 2008 3:35 AM PST

Hi,

I have downloaded a trial version of Spotmau PowerSuite 2007, but it does not boot from the CD. I can use it on Windows, but not when I reboot the computer. Doesn't show the menu for the options.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Spotmau does not boot from CD
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Spotmau does not boot from CD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Does not boot from the CD
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / February 17, 2008 4:25 AM PST

Tell us more about this.

What happens? Do you get any error messages? if so, what do they Say?

I see little 'official' reviews in Google about this Spotmau PowerSuite 2007, except a lot of file sharing downloads and warez sites. That doesn't fill me with confidence either about the product itself, nor where you got it from.

Mark

Collapse -
spotmau
by jon1976 / March 7, 2008 3:36 PM PST

check that your computer bios is set up to look for boot image from the cd drive first. Would highly recomend this software it allows you to access a hard drive that has been locked due to corupt software, and then either repair reformat or repartion the hard drive

Collapse -
Spotmau
by rapheek / March 9, 2008 10:38 PM PDT
In reply to: spotmau

I think the problem is a missing file that's called nboot.

Collapse -
Checking BIOS Bootup Priority
by tgliang / November 18, 2010 1:48 AM PST
In reply to: spotmau

Does the latest version (2010) of Spotmau check for correct BIOS settings before one is assured of bootup success with a CD? If BIOS parameters are beyond control from Windows, does Spotmau at lease indicate it in text as a requirement? Otherwise, in the midst of confusion it's hard to learn about it from the web without access of a computer.

Collapse -
Set your Boot sequence to CD first
by boxter32 / September 11, 2009 8:10 PM PDT

Maybe the problem lies with the boot sequence. If it does't load automatically wen your system start, configure your BIOS so that it will ceck your CD ROM drive first for booting before going to your other drives. Usually, you can acess BIOS by pressing Del or F2 key at the first screen when you turn on your computer. From there, just search the configuration that is related to boot sequence.

Collapse -
Boot from Spot mau program
by dons5657 / October 24, 2009 6:37 AM PDT

First the easy way to be abl to boot Spotmau and use all the functions is pay the $4.5 for the disk. The alternative is make a bootable disk with the program you already have, this somewhat involved, but when you learn how you can use the proceedure with other p[rograms. The purchased disk bppt up perfectly.

Collapse -
Look for BootCare in the PowerSuite interface guys.
by ACW_IT / January 20, 2016 8:16 PM PST

Hey Guys,
Aaron, here with Aaron's Computer Works. I've been using Spotmau for years and if you read the information on the site you will find that the desktop install of Spotmau PowerSuite has a mune item called Boot Care. This is the utility that creates either a USB image or an ISO image or it can write to a cd. With BootCare you can do everything that the PowerSuite can do except the Windows processes that need windows to be up and running.

Spotmau is not fully Windows 8; 8.1 or 10 ready, but it sure comes in dandy with everything prior to windows 8. Sometimes it can help with the locksmith on Windows 8 and 8.1, but I always redo the 'clear' several times to reinforce what I'm trying to do and usually I don't need to reboot to Spotmau more than once.

Enjoy!

Aaron

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?