HolidayBuyer's Guide

TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

SPORTS ON HDTV..........CELTICS....................

by Riverledge / June 17, 2008 2:11 PM PDT

AS A NEW ENGLANDER,I WANT TO SAY, THANKS TO MIKE & JOSTEN WHO SAID IT

COULDN'T HAPPEN.

WORST TO FIRST; THE BOSTON CELTICS WON IT ALL.

L.A. STILL SUCKS; AFTER ALL THESE YEARS...........

RIVER.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: SPORTS ON HDTV..........CELTICS....................
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: SPORTS ON HDTV..........CELTICS....................
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Typical LA hater
by Dan Filice / June 17, 2008 4:30 PM PDT

Geez River, don't be a small-minded LA-hater fan like the many bumpkins from Salt Lake City who have nothing better to do than to show their anger and hatred towards L.A. Reminds me of those lovely Mormon Jazz fans who welcomed the Laker's to their beautiful city with middle fingers pointing and cussing the "F" word when the Laker's arrived on the bus. Of all the Laker's games I've been to, I've never witnessed the crowd at the Staples Center show violent behavior like they do in these backwards towns. Don't lower yourself to that level. So the Laker's still suck? Sounds like your anger has been brewing a long time. Yeah they lost, but how many championships have they won? A lot, I'm happy to say. I'm very happy for Garnett, not the Celtics. He deserved this win more than anyone. I admire him. He's a great player. It might have been different if the Laker's had a healthy Andrew Bynum posting up under the basket. There's always next year. And next year Portland gets Greg Oden back. That will be a great team! I kinda wish New Orleans Hornets had played and beat the Laker's because they were a great young team. I think they would have been a better match for the Celtics. Anyways, have a good celebration. And think about an anger management class Happy

Collapse -
DAN, SORRY I OFFENDED YOU...............
by Riverledge / June 17, 2008 7:22 PM PDT
In reply to: Typical LA hater

HOWEVER THE BASIC PREVAILING SENTIMENT HAS BEEN "BOSTON S*CKS", RED SOX S*CK, BRUINS S*CK (THEY STILL DO)

PATRIOTS S...........

YOU GET GIST OF WHAT I MEAN.

I'M HAPPY FOR THE ENTIRE TEAM, HOWEVER, I ADMIRE PAUL PIERCE THE MOST
BECAUSE HE STUCK IT DURING THE REAL LEAN YEARS [read: 2006-07 season]

Thanks for your feedback, that was unnecessary on my behalf; old habits

die hard. As a huge fan during the 1980's (I was younger then) the Celtics fall from grace

did not play well in either of the two local Boston newspapers. However, this championship series

wouldn't have been nearly fun or exciting without the LAKERS in town.

Thanks to all,

River.

Collapse -
Amazing
by bevillan / June 18, 2008 12:54 AM PDT

Amazing what happens when a team buys a championship like the Celtics did by getting all those ace players.

Collapse -
Boo Lakers
by gretzkyv99 / June 18, 2008 1:22 AM PDT
In reply to: Amazing

Kobe is no M.J.
Odom and Gasol are softt.......T!
Defense wins championships!
Being from Chicago, I felt like banging my head on the wall everytime I heard comparisons of Kobe to Jordan.
Congrats to Boston for thier great season, and I wouldnt be surprised if they win a couple in a row with the "Big" three.

Collapse -
I'm a Mavericks fan...
by RustyDallas / June 18, 2008 2:26 AM PDT
In reply to: Amazing

and we've been trying to buy a championship for years. It's not as easy as it sounds. All that money and all we have to show for it is a team full of old guys. Gotta give the Celts credit for being shrewd shoppers.

Congratulations River!

Collapse -
Basketball is my favorite sport.
by jostenmeat / June 18, 2008 5:18 AM PDT
In reply to: I'm a Mavericks fan...

I used to play it a lot myself, year round, varsity b-ball, etc.

Dan, Im on your team here, but LA fans do sit on their hands a lot. I know from having gone to some games at both the forum and at Staples. However, Boston fans are a very special breed! lol. Yeah, the absence of Bynum is as big as is if Garnett was side-lined. We are talking about the #2 option, and the only large able body with length that can handle all the big guys from the Celtics.

River, congrats. These are good years for Boston. Im happy for Pierce (who's been a huge Laker fan most of his life), Garnett, etc. In fact, Im even happy for PJ Brown, who is on my short list of favorite non-famous ball players. The type that busts azz everyday (others include Dan Majerle, Udonis Haslem, AC Green, etc). Congrats to Doc as well.

Bear, they still had to play. Granted, they're in the weaker Eastern conference, which makes it much easier to come out with home-court by the time of the championship round. I would hate to take anything away from Boston, even if I root against them. But I root against any team that plays the Lakers, there is no offense meant. I wouldn't take anything away from the Red Sox either, they probably have the best GM in the game. I have to admit, Manny frustrates me a lot, lol. Incredible hitter, the worst defensive baseball player I have ever seen, regardless of position, and that includes pitchers. Arguably the worst base runner I have seen.

Gretzky, yeah most people agree that its unfair to compare Kobe with MJ. Don't get sucked into the hype. Its far from the common opinion. MJ wanted to kill everyone. I agree defense wins. That's what helped get the Lakers even that far to begin with. Re Gasol, I bet you he will hit up the weight room this summer. You have to understand, he's always played for a really, really crappy team. He just won his very first playoff game this year. Give him a lil break for a learning curve. How many tries did it take MJ? just a point. He shouldn't even be playing the 5 spot, that should be filled by Bynum. Watch out for us next year.

Rusty, yeah, you can't just win a championship. Look what Allen tried to do with the Jail Blazers. He actually admitted to finally learning from his erring ways.

I think the Lakers could be the most improved team from this year to next (outside of perhaps Portland). They are still super young, and their second best player will re-join them. Gasol will be bewildered at how much easier life will be for him, as he's never played with Bynum before.

Collapse -
Hey Josten
by RustyDallas / June 20, 2008 7:09 AM PDT

I'm not exactly a Cowboys fan but I guess the city will have to pin it's hopes there. The new stadium is towering over that whole part of the city. I wonder if it can be seen from the moon? I'm not a huge basketball fan but I've always kinda kept up with Paul Pierce and have thought for a long time he was an underrated star. Kinda glad to see him getting his due. Everyone in Dallas was sure the Mavericks would draft Pierce when they passed over him for Nowitzki. I guess it worked out for everyone but I've never been quite sure they made the better pick.

Da-Lite just sent me like 100 of these cool little interactive brochures to help you select the right Da-lite screen. They're kinda like a childrens pop up book but when you're done playing with it, you know what screen and fabric you need for the particular room size, ambient light etc. If you want one, e-mail me an address and I'll send it over.

See ya man

Rusty

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.