The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Spokane Or Coeur d' Alene Anyone? Is Anybody Out There?? :)

by TotalKonfuzion / July 1, 2008 5:52 AM PDT

Hey all,

Long time BOL listener. Just decided to come see if anyone around the North Idaho/Eastern Washington area would be interested in some kind of BOL meet up at some point in the not too distant future.

There's definitely a shortage of T.I.Ts (Technically Inclined Types) up here in north Idaho but we do exist. I'm sure there are plenty of you guys and girls in Spokane though...hopefully. It be kinda sweet to combine our power of nerdiness and use it to infiltrate a local bar or restaurant.

We could then make plans to take over the world, etc...while indulging in alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages.

Anyone is welcome to respond, as long as your of legal age (or at least look it and possess a very professionally photo-shopped ID) and of course you can't be REALLY crazy. Crazy is okay, but no knife yielding, etc...(which is typical in Idaho).

Thanks for reading! Contact me at kmedeiros@gmail.com if or just respond to this thread if you're interested in a meet up! Happy

-Kevin

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Spokane Or Coeur d' Alene Anyone? Is Anybody Out There?? :)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Spokane Or Coeur d' Alene Anyone? Is Anybody Out There?? :)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
That is so weird!

I just set up the Houston meet last weekend... but I'm originally from Spokane! Lived there almost my whole live until I moved to Houston 4 years ago. I went to Ferris High School.

Good luck finding Buzzers in that area... I had a lot of fun at my meet up here. =)

Collapse -
Right On!
by TotalKonfuzion / July 1, 2008 7:26 AM PDT
In reply to: That is so weird!

Hey! I'm originally from Boston and moved into Coeur d' Alene about 5 years ago. Have worked in Spokane and visit there frequently. Being from the area then I'm sure you got all my "good ole" Idaho humor (applies to many places in WA as well) in my post, LoL Happy

I'll keep searching for Buzzers out here. The search will not cease. I mean...there have got to be nerds amongst all the tractors and fields out here! =)

Collapse -
Spokane is so... uh, special.
by MoogleLally / July 1, 2008 7:33 AM PDT
In reply to: Right On!

Did you know the Penny Arcade guys are from Spokane? It's true! They probably left before they were knifed by anyone.

But yeah, I used to live up on the south hill... before I moved to Texas. The last time I heard about Spokane it was on 'Dateline' or something because they were doing a story about a rapist that lived here. Ohhhhh, Spokane.

Collapse -
Spokane....oh boy
by TotalKonfuzion / July 1, 2008 7:42 AM PDT

Yeah...and Coeur d' Alene is growing so fast I expect the knifes to come out soon here as well. At least we still have the woods to run into if the blank hits the fan, LoL. It's not a bad area overall, especially considering I come from the northeast...I'm not sure how dirty Spokane was when you left but it's pretty darn dirty now. I bet Houston is just scorching though...that must have been quite the change for you.

Collapse -
Spokane was always dirty.
by MoogleLally / July 1, 2008 10:21 PM PDT
In reply to: Spokane....oh boy

Houston was a bit more humid... but there's so much to do and see. When I visited Spokane a couple years back, all my favorite haunts had closed. I wanted to head up to Silverwood, but it was the wrong time of year. Silverwood is like the last gem of my childhood.

Collapse -
check the Frappr map at the BOL blog page...
by shawnlin / July 1, 2008 11:25 PM PDT

Best wishes!

Collapse -
Spokane/CDA..ahh
by Crafty50golf / July 2, 2008 12:23 AM PDT

Hey all!

I'm actually from Post Falls (the dirty spot between CDA and Spokane Happy ) but now in Chicago. The wife and myself are looking into building a house and moving back to CDA however..good to know there are some BOL's in the area.

Oh and yes Spokane is DIRTY Happy

Collapse -
Hey!
by TotalKonfuzion / September 24, 2008 7:55 AM PDT
In reply to: Spokane/CDA..ahh

Revisiting this thread after a while. Sorta forgot it was out here, been busy with the newborn.

I work in Post Falls Crafty! When you get back into town you should shoot me an email or reply to this post.

I'm still working on having some kind of meetup for BOL listeners in the area.

Drop me a line!
kmedeiros@gmail.com

Collapse -
Not Enough Geeks In My Area
by TotalKonfuzion / October 1, 2008 5:47 AM PDT
In reply to: Hey!

Anybody? LoL Happy

Collapse -
geek in Chi Town
by Crafty50golf / October 1, 2008 6:47 AM PDT

well all..next time we're back in scenic CDA I'll drop a line in here. Maybe we can all hook for up something super geeky like a lan party or something Wink

Or I can bring you some home brewed beer and salt cured meats Wink

www.dailyikura.com

Collapse -
Alright
by TotalKonfuzion / October 1, 2008 6:54 AM PDT
In reply to: geek in Chi Town

That will be done man! Salt Cured Meats...lol...it's on!

Collapse -
so I had forgotten abouut this thread but...
by Crafty50golf / January 23, 2009 12:02 PM PST
In reply to: Alright

after doing a randomn search for brewing+coeur d'alene it popped right up still!

We're actually heading back up to the area this spring. Looking forward to sampling a few of the local brews again (after a year since we've been back). If your still game give me a shout at www.dailyikura.com

Looking forward to hearing back!
Cheers,
Brian

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.