Question

Spoiled by FCP.... Have Windows 7.

I edited DV many moons ago with FCP2 onna Mac G4. I've been searching for a program compatible with Windows 7 but comparable to "at least" FCP2. I just made a short family production using WndwsLiveMovMkr. I was able to make a decent production but was repeatedly frustrated with video and audio tiny gaps and I couldnt layer anything except solo audio. An example of what I mean by "solo audio" is.. With FCP2 I could record a video clip and extract the audio from the video, I could insert a "ring-a-ling-ling" to a unplugged wired land line phone.. I couldnt do this with MovieMaker. FCP2 allowed me to adjust volumes on audio with pin point precision, I could take ONE word out of a sentence. I'd love a program with the option of using a green screen and allowed custom animated text motions.. So what Im askin is, does anyone know of a similar program to FCP that is compatible with Windows 7?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Spoiled by FCP.... Have Windows 7.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Spoiled by FCP.... Have Windows 7.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
There is no FCP for Windows.

There is Sony Vegas in many flavors but a FCP user will think they are in the dark ages.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
Avid Media Composer

I now use Avid, after getting used to FCP in uni. Its not too bad. Download a free trial here.....

- Collapse -
and also....

and if you decide to try it out this is a tutorial site and I think they highlight the difference between FCP and Avid.

CNET Forums