General discussion

Spell Check has been "grayed out" in Thundebird!

I used to have the Spell Check facility in Thunderbird working nicely for a long time. It is no longer working for a weeks now.

I find that the "Spell Check As You Type" option --along with a check mark for selecting that option which IS there-- has been "grayed out"!

I updated my Thunderbird to its latest 15.0 version five weeks ago. I just wonder whether version 15.0 has introduced the above graying out problem.

I shall highly appreciate help in getting my Spell Check option restored.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Spell Check has been "grayed out" in Thundebird!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Spell Check has been "grayed out" in Thundebird!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Link, comment.
- Collapse -
Thanks, Bob!

Bob,

I did not readily find a solution to my problem in the link which you had kindly provided. However, I then thought of re-downloading Thunderbird 15.0 to see if doing that will take away my problem.

Lo n' behold, it did!

I thank you, nevertheless, for the customary prompt help from you (or other moderators) at the CNET Forum.

Regards.

- Collapse -
Good work.

I'd had pretty good luck in regards to extension removal. Sorry that it wasn't that. But good work.
Bob

CNET Forums