Computer Help forum

Question

SPEEDY PC PRO

by poohshaw / November 11, 2012 11:48 PM PST

I was about to register for "SPEEDY PC PRO". Is it a valid program for cleaning up your computer? Or is it just another ploy?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: SPEEDY PC PRO
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: SPEEDY PC PRO
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Nothing I would ever use.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 11, 2012 11:56 PM PST
In reply to: SPEEDY PC PRO

All speed up programs I've encountered don't work for me. Some actually created new problems. It may be a valid program but nothing I'd buy or use.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Old ploy...
by Willy / November 12, 2012 12:18 AM PST

If this was advertised or advised to use because of "outstanding performance" don't fall for that. Plus, there are many freebies or at least demo or trial ware pgms. out that show what they can do up front. On top of that there really hasn't been anything out there can really speed-up or greatly improve a PC, wear&tear and oldies simply add to the burden that a PC carries.

The best pgm. I advise to use and free is CCleaner, google and d/l it and use at default install levels. If you have a real hosed PC, don't look for miracles as well. review your PC and at least remove/delete old or un-used pgms. no longer required or desired as a good start.

tada ------Willy Happy

Collapse -
Answer
SPEEDY PC PRO
by pgc3 / November 12, 2012 1:09 AM PST

A BIG NOPE!!

Collapse -
(NT) THANK-YOU
by poohshaw / November 12, 2012 1:13 AM PST
Collapse -
Answer
Speedy PC PRO
by munibond1-2009 / July 25, 2013 2:43 AM PDT

Late response - aside from the valid suggestions - I noted that all "top rated" programs had almost identical GUIs, and the identical baritone voice announcing the number for errors found.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!