Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

General discussion

Speakerphones for groups, over VOIP

Hello all, I thought it wise to turn to your group expertise in this.

I've been looking into speakerphone-type products lately for use primarily over Skype, but it's also handy if they work with plain old telephones too.

This is for roleplay - essnetially the product needs to sit on a table, and be able to pick up four to five people, all of whom are sitting closely around a dining room table, and channel that audio to me. It's helpful if there's not too much audio confusion if more than one person speaks at a time. It also needs to be a speaker so they can hear me from my end. I'm using Skype, but it's important that the product can use plain telephone service too as a backup.

I've been looking at this product, the Phoenix DUET Executive Speakerphone, http://assets.twacomm.com/assets/pdf/28534.pdf but I've been unable to find an independent review of it, so I thought I might ask you fine people if anyone had either tried this product, or (perhaps more likely) had an alternative suggestion for a product that could act as a speakerphone, over VOIP and telephone.

My budget for this is $200 - $300, and it's helpful if the product is available in Canada, though not strictly required.

As always, thank you for your opinion!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Speakerphones for groups, over VOIP
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Speakerphones for groups, over VOIP
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Voip hardware.

In reply to: Speakerphones for groups, over VOIP

Normal voip phones will work.

Collapse -
VOIP hardware

In reply to: Voip hardware.

Thanks for replying!

Is there any product in particular you were thinking of?

Collapse -
Hardware solution...

In reply to: VOIP hardware

I found a lot of hardware for my VoIP that I use at home from www.altoedge.com
I don't use skype but a SIP provider that worked best for my needs but I would check out that website as I believe they have what you are looking for.

Collapse -
VOIP FORUMS

Hi Guys! How are you all ? I am Asif from Memphis. I must
say that this is a good forum for VOIP discussion .

During my search for for VOIP and call termination forums i found lots of forums like www.voiptm.com/vforums which is a good forum for finding Buyers/Sellers forour desired destination.

I think i have shared the beneficial information
for all of you if it is true
then please write few lines in reply.Thanks

Collapse -
VoIP handsets

When you acquire a VoIP pbx service, there's no problem with compatibility to VoIP handsets. When you get an ip pbx service, make sure they offer excellent and reliable service. You can check out online about excellent pbx service providers

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.