Speaker Amp/receiver

So I recently purchased a house and my home has built in speakers into the ceilings. On the wall, there is a plate in which "banana plugs" are inserted and upon further research, I found out that you must connect speaker wire to the plug as well as plugging it into a reciever/amp. I'm not a expert on this and I need help to figure out what I need to do because at best buy, the reciever is $200 and i don't want to waste money on something that may be useless. Please guide me on what I need to buy/do. The speakers are from a company called Jamo and there is a black and red input on the plate. Thanks

Discussion is locked
Reply to: Speaker Amp/receiver
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Speaker Amp/receiver
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

CNET Forums