Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

SP2 AOL

My friend on AOL just told me that his auto update started downloading sp2 this morning. Mine hasn't downloaded at this point. I am not on AOL.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: SP2 AOL
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: SP2 AOL
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
well i wish him well as its not comeing out to the

In reply to: SP2 AOL

25th and i just checked site nada

Collapse -
Re: well i wish him well as its not comeing out to the

In reply to: well i wish him well as its not comeing out to the

What is nada? If this a site that would be of use what is the address? Also I have aol so I am interested. I have not yet received sp2. I thought it was coming out the 18 and I have read as you say 25. Which is it? thanks sly

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: well i wish him well as its not comeing out to the

Nada means "nothing" in Spanish

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: well i wish him well as its not comeing out to the

Sorry I guess I knew that but when I read it was thinking of sites since every word seems to be one. Thanks for letting me know it will be the 25. thanks sly

Collapse -

In reply to: well i wish him well as its not comeing out to the

He is on dial up and last time I heard from him it was 43% downloaded

Collapse -
Can now auto update even outside AOL....

In reply to: SP2 AOL

Go to Windows Update...here is what is says on my WinXP computer and appears to be ready right now to update:
Quote:

"Download and install it using Automatic Updates
If you have Automatic Updates turned on, you don?t need to take any further action for SP2 to be downloaded to your computer while you are connected to the Internet. Depending on how long and how often you are connected to the Internet, it may take awhile before SP2 is fully downloaded. Once SP2 is completely downloaded from the Internet, you will be notified that it is ready to be installed on your computer. You can check your Automatic Updates setting on the Windows Update home page or by following the instructions on the Get computer updates page on the Microsoft Protect Your PC website.

Automatic Updates is the only way to download SP2 from Windows Update at this time. Other methods to install SP2 will be available soon." Unquote.

I have my Auto Updates disabled, waiting for a CD to be available as I have Dial-up, and even then may wait awhile. Wink

JR

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.