General discussion

source information

Is there any way to disable the source information from popping up every time the channel is changed?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: source information
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: source information
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
source information

pinhunter27,

Do you have a cable/sat provider? I've noticed that there's a set resolution in the cable/sat boxes that maintain a certain resolution (for instance, set on 720p or 1080i), and for those signals, changing the channel doesn't bring up the INFO box information. If there's a break in signal as you change channels, or there's a variable resolution selection set on the cable/sat box, the television will see it as a new signal and inform you of the resolution each time you change the channel.

There's no toggle available to turn that off. That may not be the answer you're looking for, but does that help explain?

--HDTech

- Collapse -
thanks

Yes unfortunately I was afraid of that...52in series 7 LCD...maybe a FW update to allow toggling that info on and off...that would be sweet...it's kind of annoying seeing it displayed everytime i change channels.

- Collapse -
thanks

pinhunter27,

I can send the feedback up. I don't think it will happen, however, since the design is to allow the end user to see the incoming resolution and Hz rating as it changes. Still, your point of view is valid, and I'll be happy to pass this up to the appropriate department.

--HDTech

CNET Forums

Forum Info