General discussion

Soundbar HW-C450 Issue

I have a Samsung HW-C450 soundbar. I noticed that it will randomly change from Digital 1 to Digital 2 when using it without anyone using the remote. I have returned one with the same problem and gotten another one with the same issue. I have hooked it up to different devices and it still does this. I am looking for any ideas as to why this happening

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Soundbar HW-C450 Issue
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Soundbar HW-C450 Issue
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Soundbar HW-C450 Issue

ng6584,

Which devices are you hooking them into, and is it possible that they'd be sending a signal to the unit that would cause it to change inputs?

--HDTech

- Collapse -
RE:

I have it hooked up to Samsung UN46B8000 LED Tv, using a digital optical cable from the tv to the soundbar.

I also tried hooking up my satelite box directly to the soundbar instead of passing through the audio from the tv and still does this issue.

As far as I can tell they are sending a signal to change inputs.

- Collapse -
HW-C450 Issue

The satelite receiver box is a Dish Network ViP 722 by the way

- Collapse -
RE:

ng6584,

I wonder if the audio is cutting out from the signal or due to the cable. I don't know why it would be switching unless it was either programmed to, or that a signal is present in the other input.

But if it happens with the same setup with both units, I'm not sure how we could rule out units to see what the culprit might be.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Additional Question

I noticed today that the red power light was lit at the same time as the on power light when I was using my soundbar. Is this some type of error code or just a software glitch?

- Collapse -
Additional Question

ng6584,

I don't think it's a software glitch. It's detecting that a connected unit is powered.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Problem with Samsung HW-C450 AudioBar

I Purchased the HW-C450 AudioBar two weeks ago and it worked perfect for the first 4 days but it has stopped working... it will turn on the light sequence goes on the it says hello and this is where it starts. It will stay on "HELLO" for three minutes the it will disappear for a few seconds and the bits of the word "Digital 2"( my selected input, ive tried digital 1 also with another optical cable) will appear dim then start to go bright there is no sound if i try change the volume it takes a while then bits of "VOL 06" or whatever its on start to appear and stay for about 10 minutes then it goes back to displaying the same way as it did on start up "digital 2". ive unplugged the unit (subwoffer as-well just in case)for a weekend and the problem is still happening... if i turn the unit off it will take a few seconds but then it turns off as if there was nothing wrong. Any advice if its something simple or should i bring it back to where i bought it?

Thanks, Mark

- Collapse -
Same here

I just bought a HW-C450 to pair with my Samsung 50'' plasma tv, and got to enjoy its better than expected sound for all of one day before it conked out. I am having the same behavior as Mark. I get words that are not fully filled it with a few missing pixels here and there, and no response from the remote. No sound, and the buttons on the unit flash when you press them, but the unit is not performing any functions.

- Collapse -
Same Problem

JUst purchased this unit, after 1 day of excellent quailty, then the unit starting playing up ...... HELLO ... is now display for a long time and nothing seems to happen.
I have unplugged the unit and subwoffer for a day but still no joy.
Anybody got any ideas before I look at returning the unit, and maybe going for a different make.

Thanks,
Dorian.

- Collapse -
Also purchased same in 2010, now am not getting any sound...

what did you all do ?

- Collapse -
Problem with Samsung HW-C450 AudioBar

Mark

did you problem get fix? I am experiencing it now. thanks. Mike

- Collapse -
Same problem

I'm having the same confused Power On light. It's not quite the red color that displays when the power is off but it's not quite the white either that indicates power is on. The sound is working fine but I am confused why this suddenly started yesterday.

I'm also having the same issue of the input channel changing for no apparent reason. I only have one optical cord connected to channel 1 from my TV. I use a Logitech Harmony remote to control everything including the sound bar. Overall, I'm very pleased with the sound quality as I live in a small house and a full 5 channel audio system would be wasted in such a small space.

Please post any further information about these two issues.

- Collapse -
Problem with Samsung HW-C450 Soundbar

I am having a problem with my C450 Soundbar. When receiving audo from a DVD or Blu-Ray player, it will intermittently shut itself off then restart itself. I have tried 2 different Blu-Ray players as well as 3 standard DVD players with the same thing happening each time. I have returned and exchanged the player once, have swapped inputs and cables to the soundbar and spent quite a number of hours on with both Samsung and Best Buy tech support. I've tried with the TV (Samsung plasma) accepting the inputs from the components and sending the audio to the Soundbar as well as sending the audio from the components to the Soundbar. In both ways, the DVD/Blu-Ray has the same issue. Any ideas?

- Collapse -
Soundbar HW-C450 Issue

Soundbar HW-C450 Issue

I purchased a Samsung HW-C450 soundbar and noticed the same problem, that it will randomly change from Digital 1 to Digital 2. I returned two with the same problem. (Only connected to TV) Great sound, but I think Samsung has some bad parts or a design problem.

- Collapse -
Sound Bar issue

I too am running into this problem. Bought the HW-C451 and after a couple of weeks the input issue started. Kept switching between PCM and Input 1. Took it back, they worked on it for two weeks, and it came back worse. Took it back, got Best buy to replace it. Same issue with new one after about 2 hours. Tried to switch output from TV to Direct TV box. Cannot get any sound out of that. From the lools of this tread and a few others, many, many people are having the same issue. Is there a fix? Will Samsung ever recall them?

- Collapse -
Sound Bar issue

Sennafan,

If it still has issues, it can likely be set up for service, but I'm not sure I have an explanation as to why this symptom is occurring. What kind of TV, and what signal?

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Sound Bar Issue

Thanks for replying. I have a new Samsung 46" LED LCD and DirectTV. I am a little leery about more service as I have driven the 30 minutes to the store about 8 times now trying to get a fix. The last repair actually made it worse as it started happening even more often. They said they replaced some capacitors. That one has since been replaced but the new one is doing the same. COuld the TV be sending it signal with intermittent breaks that might make the sound bar revert to a default PCM signal? I do not have anything plugged in the PCM port as I assume it is lower quality than the optical input.

- Collapse -
Update and possible fix

After getting a replacement sound bar from Best Buy (against there wishes), I immediately ran into the same issue. Having received crappy cheap speaker wire with every set of speakers I have ever bought I thought I would try to replace the optical cable that came with the sound bar, in case it was cheap and inferior. I bought a better one and was careful to make sure that there were NO tight bends in my routing. In the 3 weeks since doing this I have not seen a single instance of the input switching issue that had plagued it before. Works perfect (so far). Can't promise it will fix everyone's issue but it seems to be working for me.I did switch it to the optical input #2 also. Not sure if that had any impact because since it is working, I am too afraid to experiment with it!!

Good Luck

- Collapse -
HW-C450 Issues

I have had the same problem as well - intermittently changing input settings (digi1, digi2, analog), volume changes to minimum, powering on while nothing is connected. Removed the batteries from the remote, thinking that was causing it, no difference. Returned my item to Samsung for repairs (after paying the shipping myself). They returned the item stating that the repair was completed, but gave me NO details on what was repaired (firmware, circuit boards, what?) The problem persists. I have all Samsung products (2 TVs, 2 DVD players, 1 HW-C450 soundbar) and have nothing but trouble will all of them except one of the TVs.

I am ready for a divorce. I would pack all of this junk up and sell it, but unlike Samsung, I have a conscience, and couldn't just knowingly pass my problems on to someone else. I'm cutting my losses (and my ties to Samsung products) and moving on without any resolution. Good luck to all of you that have experienced these problems as well.

- Collapse -
Waiting for my return label

I have purchased many Samsung products in the past, and I have always had a generally favorable view about their stuff. I did have an issue with a 50'' plasma TV where tiny sparkles would appear now and then. It was under warranty, and the guys that came to fix the TV were very clean and professional. This actually propelled me to continue buying Samsung.

I bought my Soundbar on Nov 26 and called for support as soon as it starting not working. I was promised a return shipping box and label, but I never received it.

- Collapse -
Waiting for my return label

Jsan2020,

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't receive a label. (Usually the label is mailed, not sure about the box..?)

Did you receive a transaction number from that call? I'd like to escalate this issue and see if we can assist in resolving this.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Now what?

Thanks for the reply, I think I have the confirmation number from the first support call, but I was unsure of my own handwritting. 4007562275 not sure about that last number?

I called back tonight and was told that the shipping label was actually sent already via Email not snail mail. Here I have been waiting for weeks for my package from Samsung! It was probably deleted from my spam folder a long time ago, I never even saw it.

The support rep told me that it has been more than 15 days, so I need to speak to someone in another department. He gave me another number to call tomorrow.

Transaction 300636715

I feel shafted, I should have just gone back to the store despite the yellow card in the box telling me not to.

- Collapse -
Now what?

Jsan2020,

I've escalated this as of this evening. I'd like to try to make this better if we can, but if you hear back, post and let me know. I'll do the same.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Looses input

I have had my soundbar for three days. It justs changes inputs randomly. Great sound, but its going back to the store. I am using a Samsung LCD ,optical audio out. Same as all the posts above. i wish I had found this thread before I bought it.

- Collapse -
Another case of switching inputs

I bought my HW-C450 back in June this year. I have it hooked up to a Samsung LN46C750 TV in DIGI 1 and my Samsung BD-C6900 Bluray player in DIGI 2.
I have noticed the same behavior where the HW-C450 will switch to DIGI 2 input without me pressing the remote or turning on the Bluray player.

- Collapse -
Different issue.

I have a Samsung C450, after about 1 month of working fine, the unit refused to boot properly. it seems to power on but doesn't get to the "HELLO" part, the LCD just sits blank and then the unit is mostly unresponsive, no sound and just the odd flash of a button. After many re-boots and different tactics, i did get the unit to come on and stay on for some days, Now its back to broken. Nothing i do will get it to respond. I have called Samsung technical here in MALAGA but they want me to post it at my cost to the nearest non Samsung but official service department.

Im hoping someone here could help me out.

- Collapse -
A Fix!

I just got this soundbar and was having the same issues as above. However, after playing with different connection methods and performing a F/W upgrade, I discovered that if I connected the soundbar via HDMI to my TV, then connected my network media player via RGB to the TV, everything works! Hope this is helpful!! Happy

- Collapse -
Thanks

Thank you for escalating it, I did get a call and a new return label. With the blizzard here in NY and the holidays, it has taken longer than I expected to get this packed up and shipped out. I will keep you posted.

- Collapse -
Soundbar HW-C450 Issue

I have this same issue. Volume changes to minimum by itself, or the input changes from Dig1 to Dig2 by itself. I have a single audio input - optical digital from the TV (Vizio). I see this with either the Xbox 360 (HDMI to the TV) or the Bluray (Vizio, also HDMI to the TV).

Thanks for any inputs on how to solve this.

- Collapse -
HW-C450 FIRMWARE RELEASED!!!!

CNET Forums

Forum Info