General discussion

Soundbar doesn't appear when changing volume via keyboard

Aug 10, 2006 4:26AM PDT

Hi,
My laptop has an volume up and down buttons (Turns the volume up or down). Up until
now, whenever I pressed one of these buttons, a sound bar appeared on the screen
showing what is the volume status.
Now it's not displayed anymore.
Can someone tell me how I can bring it back?

Thank you,
Moty

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Soundbar doesn't appear when changing volume via keyboard
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Soundbar doesn't appear when changing volume via keyboard
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Not a feature of XP. So you need to find what did that.
Aug 10, 2006 4:36AM PDT

I'd have to root around the laptop's maker's CD or web site to see what software they added in to do that.

Bob

- Collapse -
What Brand of Laptop .......
Aug 10, 2006 8:03AM PDT

Are we talking about here?
The software/drivers for such a feature should be available from the manufacturer's website under "Support"

First run all Malware scans for anything that may have disabled this feature.

Also, have you added any new programs lately? (that may be causing a conflict?)

- Collapse -
My desktop has soundbar but it is a driver for my keyboard
Aug 10, 2006 11:54AM PDT

Use your manufacturer's website for it. That is where mine was from, including sound driver. Darrell Lewis

- Collapse -
do you see the soundbar moving but no sound?
Aug 10, 2006 11:57AM PDT

Is there a mute button next to the up/down sound control?

- Collapse -
Sounds Familiar.............
Aug 10, 2006 5:45PM PDT

Back to: CNET forums | Windows XP forum
Windows XP forum

Message 3 of 5 Previous message | Next message | Next unread message
What Brand of Laptop .......
Are we talking about here?
The software/drivers for such a feature should be available from the manufacturer's website under "Support"

First run all Malware scans for anything that may have disabled this feature.

Also, have you added any new programs lately? (that may be causing a conflict?)

Posted by: csrjohn (see profile) - 08/10/2006 3:03 PM
In reply to: Soundbar doesn't appear when changing volume via keyboard by moty99 Report offensive post

- Collapse -
Laptop brand - Dell INSPIRON E1505
Aug 15, 2006 12:03PM PDT

The volume does change when I click the buttons, but there is no visual display for this change on the monitor.
The laptop brand is Dell INSPIRON E1505.
Anyone can help?

Thank you,
Moty

- Collapse -
That's the Dell Access Direct DADTRAY.EXE
Aug 15, 2006 12:11PM PDT

When it runs, an icon (I don't remember which) appears in the systray. A right click on that should reveal settings.

Change it to your liking.

Bob

- Collapse -
I Can't find the DADTRAY.EXE
Aug 16, 2006 9:51AM PDT

I tried to find DADTRAY.EXE on the sys tray, in the Window task manager -> Processes and in my hard disk, but couldn't find it.
Any ideas?

Thank you,
Moty

- Collapse -
I don't own a Dell, but it will be in
Aug 16, 2006 10:53AM PDT

The CD other than the OS CD or on Dell's web site.

Bob

- Collapse -
Dell Quickset
Jan 30, 2009 2:02PM PST

You have to download the Dell Quickset from the Dell's Download Center and install it. After restarting the machine wait till everything starts up. Once all the trayapp icons are there try press front volume up/down button. If still does't shows up try launching Dell Quickset from All Programs and try pressing the front button. It works then put the Quickset in the start up so it loads everytime.

CNET Forums

Forum Info