Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Computer Help forum

General discussion

Sound trouble with Samsung LED 46c6200 and my PC

by niburdale / December 24, 2010 5:29 AM PST

Hello,
I'm having a bit trouble when I'm trying to connect my PC to the TV.
I have a Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT and creative SB0460 X-Fi sound card, and would like to use the TV speakers as a default speakers but no matter what I do it doesn't seem to work..

Any ideas??

I would really appreciate your help!.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sound trouble with Samsung LED 46c6200 and my PC
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sound trouble with Samsung LED 46c6200 and my PC
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Tell the forum EXACTLY
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 24, 2010 5:36 AM PST

Which jack you fed the PC audio to. I find that many don't have it cabled proper.

Collapse -
I tried it all...
by niburdale / December 24, 2010 6:07 AM PST
In reply to: Tell the forum EXACTLY

Every Jack on the sound card, the headphones jack (which connected to the onboard sound)..At first I thought that the HDMI cable support audio as well, but it didn't.

I tried both RCA cable,and also just the usual (3.5mm on both side, the regular one).

I tried to update my screen card, because i saw on my friend's laptop that every time he connected his laptop to the TV, there was HDMI sound pop up to chose sound source (digital sound maybe?) but it seems that the card us up to date.

Collapse -
I tried it all
by Jonmor68 / December 24, 2010 6:35 AM PST
In reply to: I tried it all...

Did you use a 3.5mm plug at one end to 2 RCA plugs on the other. The 3.5mm plug into the speaker socket on the sound card and the 2 RCA leads to the audio input on your tv.
Or if your card has a digital audio connection and a matching one on the TV and use the appropriate digital lead.

Collapse -
2 RCA leads to the audio input on your tv.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 24, 2010 6:40 AM PST
In reply to: I tried it all

This TV does not use RCA for the input jacks. That's why I asked and did not supply the answer. I'd like to read what they used.
Bob

Collapse -
One more time.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 24, 2010 6:41 AM PST

I think you almost got the audio right but await if the sound jack works on the headphones.

Collapse -
I tried it all
by niburdale / December 24, 2010 2:49 PM PST

Yes,I did use the 3.5mm plug at one end to 2 RCA plugs on the other, and I don't think my card has a digital audio connection.
Any chance to upload some pics here?

Collapse -
Sounds incorrect.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 25, 2010 1:54 AM PST
In reply to: I tried it all

So few PCs have RCA output jacks that that sounds wrong.

And since the TV has RCA OUTPUT jacks I'm left to wonder if you are hooking up to that.

I looked at the manual and see the minijack is the TV's input jack but don't see what output you used on the PC.
Bob

Collapse -
The TV comes with
by niburdale / December 24, 2010 3:03 PM PST

Really really short cable that at one end its 3.5m plug (for the audio jack in the back of the TV) and to 2 RCA jacks on the other.
So I used a 3.5mm plug at one end (for the PC) to 2 RCA plugs on the other, connected it to this cable and I got nothing.

And I'm asking again, HDMI cable doesn't support audio as well??

Thanks again for your time!!

Collapse -
Audio issues Nvidia
by pgc3 / December 25, 2010 1:21 AM PST
In reply to: The TV comes with

Try going to Nvidia forums, there should be a patch to make the audio side function. HDMI does carry audio and video but what I think you are doing with that card is using a DVI/HDMI adapter therin lies part of the issue, again check out Nvidia fixes for the issue.

Collapse -
I'll try...Tnx
by niburdale / December 25, 2010 1:53 AM PST
In reply to: Audio issues Nvidia

And I'm using HDMI only.

Collapse -
Hmmm
by pgc3 / December 25, 2010 2:31 AM PST
In reply to: I'll try...Tnx

Wasn't aware the 9400gt had HDMI, thought just DVI/VGA S vid, scratching head on this one.

Collapse -
Tell me about it.. :-)
by niburdale / December 25, 2010 3:36 AM PST
In reply to: Hmmm

I registered to 7 furoms today, swithed 3 HDMI cables, bought (really overpriced) DVI\HDMI cable..Right now I'm waiting for my laptop to see maybe it's really the screen card...

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!