General discussion

Sound Recorder

As the recorder included with W98SE has a 1 minute limit is there a "freeware" plugin out there that you could recommend?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Sound Recorder
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Sound Recorder
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Not a plug in
- Collapse -
Thx. Ernie...

it references to a purchase,is that after the trial period,or have I miss read something?

- Collapse -
Freecorder

It's my understanding that the basic version is free for you to use as long as you like. They do offer upgrades for additional features, but it's your choice to buy or not.

- Collapse -
I will....

do the download,and thx. for clarifying this for me.

- Collapse -
Sound Recorder

The sound recorder time limit of one minute can easily be extended. When the end of one minute is reached and the recorder stops, simply click on the record button again to add another minute. Continue doing this until you have added the amount of time needed. Save it to file. Rewind and begin making a continuous recording up to the amount of time previously established. The sound quality can be adjusted also.

- Collapse -
How I ..

overlooked the simplest thing,and amazingly there is no interruptions when you play it back.Thx. Rick.I was just coming back to post a follow up to Stan that I did not have good luck with "freecorder" in that it caused me an error "performed illegal operation" and then froze my computer.The vendor figured the problem was my sound card was not compatible.I did however come across one "jetaudio" that works just fine.Maybe a source for others.

- Collapse -
try audacity

You might try a free open source sound recorder/editor called audacity. It is very capable, and if you install a separate free mpg3 codec, you can convert to mp3 files. You can find in on Cnet's download.com board by doing a search there.

- Collapse -
Hi Glenn....

I am sure glad I checked back to this thread.I tried "audacity",and like it very much.Great "user" reviews at "cnet".It has a lot more features then the "jetaudio" that I have tried.The latest version of "audacity" is Ver.1.2.3 available at http://audacity.sourceforce.net

CNET Forums

Forum Info