General discussion

Sound issues with BD-P1600A and Iron Man 2

Very frustrating problem with the combination of a Samsung BD-P1600A and the recently released Iron Man 2 Blu-ray.
The player has the latest firmware (August 2010).
The problem is the sound and the video going out of sync. To get the video and sound back in sync it is necessary to pause and then resume. The problem appears to happen after any really big subwoofer action. This happened at least 10 times during the movie's 2hr duration.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Sound issues with BD-P1600A and Iron Man 2
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Sound issues with BD-P1600A and Iron Man 2
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Which firmware do you have

What the exact model number and firmware that you have?

Example BD-P1600AAX

- Collapse -
Further Details

Details are :
Model : BD-P1600
M/C : BD-P1600A/XSA
Firmware File used to update it was BEv2.12_100825_BDP1600_XSA.RUF

There was another post that described a similar problem where the sound dropped out at every Chapter Break. This is very similar to my problem - the sound drops out for a split second then comes back out of sync by maybe 2 seconds. Pausing/Resume fixes it.

- Collapse -
Further Details

goofygoober50,

I just purchased the disc last week to test with a similar report on the BD-C6900, but wasn't able to replicate the issue.

Since I have the title here, I'll be happy to test it on the BD-P1600A at some point this week, but I may not be able to provide support for non XAA (US) models. I'd recommend calling the Samsung customer service center in your region to report this issue.

--HDTech

- Collapse -
sound problem with iron man 2 blu-ray on samsung p1600

I have the same problem also with the p1600 and Iron Man 2 blu-ray, No audio after resuming playback from a pause. Must forward or rewind to get audio. Firmware is up to date according to the auto update section of the player.

CNET Forums

Forum Info