The first step to be taken is to see if the graphics card itself is the issue- if you have the old graphics card, reinstall it and see if the sound works.
Computer Specs: (Custom built desktop)
AMD Phenom 2 Hexa-Core
500GB Seagate HDD
8GB DDR3 Memory
Asus M5A78L-M LX MotherBoard
AMD HD Raedon 7870 2GB Graphics Card
Windows 8 64-bit Pro
As stated in the title, my audio no longer works after I installed my new graphics card. My assumption is, that the computer keeps wanting to use the audio through the graphics card, because it has 6 mini display ports, but my monitor does not have speakers, and I want to use my onboard audio instead. Audio worked before with my AMD HD Raedon 7850 graphics card.
My computer keeps saying that the speakers are not plugged in, but it says that "Realtek Digital Output" is plugged in. I want to use my analog speakers. Neither the front nor the rear audio jacks work. My speakers work, because I tested them on my ipod. I also tried testing headphones, they do not work as well.
Things that I have tried:
- Using generic Windows audio drivers - does not work
- Reinstalled Realtek HD Audio Drivers - does not work
- Enabling "onboard audio" in the BIOS - does not work
- Making the "speakers" as default, instead of the Realtek digital output - does not work, it keeps saying that my speakers are not plugged in.
- I tried going onto the Realtek HD Audio manager, switched it to using "AC97" for the front panel, when I tried plugging in and tested the audio in the front panel, it gives me crackling noise feedback. - does not work
- tried turning off jack detection in the registry - does not work.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.