Samsung forum

General discussion

Sound delay between Samsung LN52A650 and receiver????

by nthamix74 / July 27, 2009 10:55 AM PDT

Hello to all....I am new to the forum and have some questions. I have a Samsung LN52A650 LCD TV. I have it hooked to a Sony progressive scan standard DVD player. I am running my surround through a Yamaha HTR-5560 receiver. The DVD player is just using S-Video to my TV and I am running a digital optical cable from the DVD player to the receiver. The problem I am noticing is that there is a delay in the sound. The picture does not quite match up to the sound through my receiver. I do not currently own a Blu-Ray player and I am only running HDMI through my cable box. My reciever is an older model and does not have any HDMI hook ups.
Is this a TV issue?? Should there be a delay in sound with S-Video?? I do not know a lot about electronics so if any one could give me any advice it would be very helpful. I greatly enjoy the tv but, would like to watch movies more and not be bothered by the sound delay. Please help!!!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sound delay between Samsung LN52A650 and receiver????
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sound delay between Samsung LN52A650 and receiver????
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sound delay between Samsung LN52A650 and receiver????
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 27, 2009 1:34 PM PDT

nthamix74,

Welcome to the forum.

A quick look on the forum suggests that the HTR-5560 has an audio delay function, which allows you to delay the audio in the receiver so that it matches up with the picture.

There is still some picture processing in the upconversion of a 480 signal to display a 1080p picture, so if you use your receiver to delay the audio a little, you should be in business. You might look in the owner's manual under Audio Delay or Digital Delay.

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -
delay
by CHUCKMALLEY / July 28, 2009 1:34 AM PDT

A great site sponsored by Samsung, is www.wirewize.com. You put in your components, and it tells you and shows you how to hook things up and what cables (s,component) are best. Plus,the audio in to the receiver should come from the tv and not the dvd player. You DO need to use optic cable or you won't get 5.1. when playing dvd's.

Collapse -
Sound Delay
by nthamix74 / July 28, 2009 5:52 AM PDT
In reply to: delay

Thanks for the help...checking with Yamamha still for changing my receiver settings. What I had a question about was do I have my system hooked up incorrectly? Do I need to run cable from the TV to the receiver and then a separate cable to my DVD player to get matched sound and no delay?? Thanks again for all the help.

Collapse -
follow up
by CHUCKMALLEY / July 28, 2009 9:14 AM PDT
In reply to: Sound Delay

Have you been to the site wirewize yet? In most cases,everything should go through the receiver, it's the brains of the operation. You will have optical cable to the receiver anyway to get 5.1, so here's one way...cablebox to tv,dvd should go through receiver with component cables since your receiver doesn't have hdmi.Receiver out to tv with component. Remember, your optical from tv to receiver will supply the 5.1 surround for the cablebox signal too. Good luck

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!