Speakeasy forum

General discussion

"SORRY .BUT THERE'S MORE TO SAY ON THE TERRI SCHIAVO MATTER

by Mark5019 / March 27, 2005 9:18 PM PST

I can't tell you how much I wish this story would just go away ... and that it had never come along in the first place. Believe me, this is territory I would just as soon leave alone on my talk show. Why? Because it involves religion, that's why.

Many people who profess strong Christian beliefs seem to feel that any negative statement about any action undertaken by anyone in the name of Christianity constitutes "Christian bashing." It doesn't matter what the Christian activist does or what they say, you simply are not permitted to criticize their actions in any way. To do so is to provide conclusive proof that you are anti-Christian at best, and a Godless atheist at worse.

Let's just take a look at the actions of some of the people protesting outside of Terri Schiavo's hospice.

At the end of the street is Triple O Auto. It's an auto repair shop operated by a single father trying to raise two sons. The triple O stands for "On Our Own." Protestors have been parking in the Triple O driveway. When Scotty Jackson, the owner, asked one of the protestors to move his car the man waved his Bible at Scotty, shouted some obscenities and walked off. Criticize this protestor and you're Christian bashing.

Protestors have been demanding that Florida Governor Jeb Bush ignore the rulings of the various courts in this matter and seize Terri Schiavo from the hospice. If you point out that we are a government of law and that it is wrong for someone to ask a government official to ignore the law, you're Christian bashing.

Over the weekend Governor Bush did dispatch a team of State agents in vans to travel to Pinellas Park and take Terri Schiavo into custody. The Pinellas Park police told them that they had better bring a Judge with them or they were going to go away empty handed. If you criticize Governor Bush for his actions, you're Christian Bashing.

If you question the wisdom of a father sending his 10-year-old son to be arrested trying to take water into Terri, you're Christian bashing and you hate God.

There are 70 other patients in that hospice. They're all dying. Because of the protestors they can't come outside the hospice to sit in their gardens and enjoy their last Spring. If you say that the protestors are hurting the other dying patients at the hospice, you're Christian bashing.

http://boortz.com/nuze/

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: "SORRY .BUT THERE'S MORE TO SAY ON THE TERRI SCHIAVO MATTER
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: "SORRY .BUT THERE'S MORE TO SAY ON THE TERRI SCHIAVO MATTER
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
This picture says it all, Mark.
Terry Schiavo's brain scan.
Unfortunately, there's no normal scan side-by-side for comparison, but the two large da_rk areas are the cortex, and are simply empty -- they should be the brightest areas on the scan. On CBS Sunday Morning yesterday they ran a month old (pre-major hype) interview with a neuorolgist saying that based on that scan (of an unidentified patient), the patient was definitely in a persistently vegetative state.

P.S. The filter's gone berserk -- without the underscore, you get ****!

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!
Collapse -
well this is a side show shame for the rest
by Mark5019 / March 27, 2005 10:36 PM PST

of the hospice

they had to move students to another place

Collapse -
Normal CAT scan
by Dragon / March 28, 2005 5:21 AM PST
Collapse -
Doctors have the right to end
by Jerry562 / March 28, 2005 3:50 AM PST

certain types of lives w/o getting slammed into jail or labeled Dr. Death, in many countries. In this country, Doctors used to issue a 'DNF' order on a childs birth, meaning Do Not Feed. They didn't do it because they were mean, playing God or anything else.

The public wants in, the politicians want in, let them all fight it out.

In the mean time, have YOU filled out a Living Will or do you want US to decide for YOU?

Collapse -
had one for yrs
by Mark5019 / March 28, 2005 4:18 AM PST

new one for ga

Collapse -
Behind you 120% Mark...
by trytohelp / March 28, 2005 6:23 AM PST

I've felt the same way for years now. Not just on this message board but everywhere around me. We are the few though, I'm afraid.

Collapse -
Actually so is the Catholic church
by gearup / March 28, 2005 8:58 AM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?