HolidayBuyer's Guide

Phones forum

General discussion

SonyEricsson T616 has the ultimate Phone Lock Feature, just don't loose it!

by cyi9955 / April 1, 2004 5:58 AM PST

I have owned the sonyericsson t616 for 2 months, it has been in and out of the sonyericsson service center 50% of the time.

SonyEricsson has created a phone where a back door does not exist when the phone lock code is activated and the user looses the code. And if it does, well, none of the service techs know how to correct the problem.

I applaude SonyEricsson for building such a great feature, but as reasonable people know, such features should be built with realistic approach, i.e. the human factor. Most normal people loose or forget codes, it is a common accurance in life. Most companies have implemented a process or back door to handle such a situation. SonyEricsson did not, and I unfortunately will suffer for this problem.

If you have a similar problem with the T616, what did you do. Cingular's only response was to deliver my 2 month phone for a refurbished unit.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: SonyEricsson T616 has the ultimate Phone Lock Feature, just don't loose it!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: SonyEricsson T616 has the ultimate Phone Lock Feature, just don't loose it!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:SonyEricsson T616 has the ultimate Phone Lock Feature, just don't loose it!

That seems to be more of Sony's idea of customer service thatn cingular. I have the T68i, which has a 'facia'button over the actual navigation(joystick) button , the outer button fell off somewhere unbeknownest to me, and when I called adn asked - about sending me the 3 cent button they said they "couldn't"- to which I answered no - they "WOULDN'T", and htere was no reason to inconvienienc etheir customers and force them without service for at least 14 days over such a superficial part that just needs a drop of super glue and to snap over the square stem of the actual switch. The ris no reason for this blanket "send it in to us and it will take about 14 days" policy , other than their arrogant attitude- which says we don't really care how much we inconvienience you, this is our policy no matter how stupid it is. A part which could be sent in an envelope- or sold as replacements 12 for $10 next to where they sell the phones -- after all Nokia marketed replacement and blinking antanea, and decorative shells for their phones-- this is easier to install than that by far, -- so THIS IS SONY-- the voice of unfounded arrogance, beta my way or no way-- memory stick or nothing --, you are too stupid to fix it yourself -- no mp3 we want everyone to go to our sacd (and finally they started giving in to adding mp3 capability) So the way to talk to Sony --- $$$$$$$$$$$ cutoff their support-- boycott their products - both Siemens and Samsung make respectably competative products- and more and more GSM w/ bluetooth phones arrive everyday.

Collapse -
Re:SonyEricsson T616 has the ultimate Phone Lock Feature, just don't loose it!

well, not sure how the other reply to your question is going to help you but anyway...

i know for verizon, the lock code seems to get reset when the phone is activated. can you in any way disconnect your phone from your service and then reactivate it? i'm not sure if it will work but this MAY reset your lock code. good luck.

GM

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.