Sony forum

General discussion

sony walkman nwz-e344 turning on problems

by karl.drog / May 15, 2010 5:26 PM PDT

every time i turn the walkman on the screen pulses and never passes the start-up screen. it also continously pulses when i charge it and trying to reset it doesn't help either.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: sony walkman nwz-e344 turning on problems
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: sony walkman nwz-e344 turning on problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Same Sony walkman nwz-344 turning on problems
by DMac4330 / September 21, 2010 11:16 AM PDT

I am having the exact same issues as you. Did you find a solution. One thing I thought might have made this problem was transferring a couple songs that I downloaded from Walmart music site. Let me know if you did something similar of transferring something that may have caused it.

Collapse -
Yep, Mine Stinks Too ...
by chatonette / June 10, 2011 7:05 AM PDT

Spend all day on phone with SONY - get this they said "You can't expect us to know how long these things last" - gee it's $90. for service to look at it - seems sort og high -unhappy.

Collapse -
SONY MADE GOOD!!!
by chatonette / July 19, 2011 6:48 AM PDT

Sony sent me a repacement model No. NWZ-E354 FREE! The thing rocks ... and get this ... someone lifted the FedEx it came in and Sony sent me a 2nd replacement - I can't say enough good things about Sony and am sorry I ever said a peep negative - I'm born agian Sony loyal!

Collapse -
me too it doesn't start
by megadeth20 / November 21, 2010 2:32 AM PST

tried about 15 times on couples days, tried to reset

i think it's just too old

are yours old enough ?

Collapse -
A year old
by DMac4330 / November 22, 2010 2:55 PM PST

I got mine for Christmas last year. I don't think its because it is old. How long have you had yours? I have talked to Sony about it and they said I should send it in to them. That was a couple months ago. I never sent it in because it sounded like they would just charge me for trying to fix it. I had no receipt because it was a gift. Have to make sure my parents save their receipts. If you try to send it in yourself let me know how it goes.

Collapse -
It is a lemon
by gcramz25 / December 12, 2010 10:30 AM PST
In reply to: A year old

I also bought it last Christmas but only started using it recently. This NWZ-E344 only works when it feels like it! In the morning, on the train to work, I could turn it on OK. In the afternoon , it keeps flashing the start-up screen as karl.drog mentions. I just wonder whether the player is made in China so it could only work by 9 to 5, China time! A few calls to Sony Support Chat room led to nothing. They even suggested you send it to Sony Repair Service, (mine still has warranty but only for parts, labor expired 90 days after sale, where the hourly rate is $90! You'd better off buying an ipod!

DMac4330, I suspect the batch produced late last year has the same problem. Sony should make a recall.

How on earth could a famous brand name like Sony produce such a lemon!

Collapse -
Sony WALKMAN nwz-s545
by tbbyolumba / June 29, 2011 11:12 PM PDT

I got a problem with the sony WALKMAN mp3 player. I got one for christmas. What should I do to fix this WALKMAN on the computer and make it back to work again?

Collapse -
Re: walkman
by Kees_B Forum moderator / June 29, 2011 11:19 PM PDT
In reply to: Sony WALKMAN nwz-s545

It depends on the problem (you didn't tell that) if you can solve it yourself and if you need a computer to solve it.

If you happen to see Santa, be sure to ask him for the invoice or other paperwork you need to claim a warranty replacement if you can't fix it yourself.

Kees

Collapse -
Sony WALKMAN nwz-s545
by tbbyolumba / June 30, 2011 12:21 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: walkman

But on my computer, I saw the number 0 on the location. You are talking about how should I make my WALKMAN go back to starting up.

Collapse -
Re: I saw the number 0 on the location.
by Kees_B Forum moderator / June 30, 2011 5:09 AM PDT
In reply to: Sony WALKMAN nwz-s545

I don't have the faintest idea what you're talking about.
And you still didn't tell your problem. Nor why you think that your computer could help to recover it.

Kees

Collapse -
sony WALKMAN nwz-s545
by tbbyolumba / June 30, 2011 6:10 AM PDT

The problem is me and my brothers, my sister and their friends went to the park. I Just got a WALKMAN, and then I use FM Radio, and then record it. And when the battery, has three lives left, this player got so much of a difficulty. It happened on Friday.

Collapse -
sony WALKMAN nwz-s545's problem
by tbbyolumba / June 30, 2011 6:13 AM PDT

My computer doesn't know what I will do. Why? On Friday, as I along with my people went to the park. The player is usually messed up, as we left the park.

Collapse -
sony WALKMAN nwz-s545
by tbbyolumba / June 30, 2011 2:26 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: walkman

So what should I do to recover this on my computer? What should I do?

<div>
</div>

Collapse -
solution
by SongsMadeForYou / September 9, 2011 7:30 PM PDT

Your walkman's battery's are just very low.

Leave it plugged in and let it do it's screen pulses for an hour or two and it should be back to life.

Collapse -
also
by SongsMadeForYou / September 9, 2011 7:33 PM PDT
In reply to: solution

edit: after 5 or 10 minutes of plugged in pulsing - it turned on to play mode so i reset it with the hole in the back then plugged it in and now it's charging

Collapse -
sonylistens
by SonyListens / September 16, 2011 3:25 AM PDT

Hey,

Try contacting Sony esupport for assistance at 1-239-768-7547 and/or email sonylistens@am.sony.com with your model and serial number and description of problem and we will work to resolve your issue.

Thanks,

Mike Puma

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.