Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

Sony Walkman NWZ deleted all my music?

I was putting my music on my walkman, when it said that there was an error. Now, when i go onto music it says "library encountered error, no songs available for playback" When I try and sync music on in says "windows media player encountered a problem when syncronizhing the file to the device, click web help for more information" but when i do, nothing happens.
Nothing is working, please help!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sony Walkman NWZ deleted all my music?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sony Walkman NWZ deleted all my music?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I don't know which one you have....

In reply to: Sony Walkman NWZ deleted all my music?

I believe most of the models start with "NWZ." Probably the library file was corrupted. The music is still there, but if there is something wrong with that library file, then you won't be able to play your music, as you have found. The best thing to do is start over.

Try formatting the player, but DO NOT do it through your computer. Do it on the player itself. Go to settings. If it has a screen, then it should be the lower left icon that kind of looks like a tool box. Then select common settings, then format. You may have to go down the list if your screen isn't large enough for it to show. It should be on the list beneath "reset all settings." Formatting should delete everything that is on it, including the corrupted library file.

Try syncing with Windows Media Player again. If you're still having problems, you may want to format again (remember do this on the player itself and not through your computer). Then instead of using WMP, you could either employ the drag and drop method using Windows Explorer or try an alternate media player that will work with it(Rhapsody, Media Monkey, etc).

Good luck.

Collapse -
thankyou!

In reply to: I don't know which one you have....

Thankyou so much for your help; it is now working fine! Again thankyou!

Collapse -
mp3 wiped itself...anyway to retrieve the files?

Hey,
I have the same problem as the original questioner. Except that all my music and pictures etc just got wiped when i took it out of a computer (I think i mustve not "safely removed" it). anyway, it still says that it is full when I plug it in to computers, but not when I try to use it. I am currently travelling, so wondered if there was any way to "de-corrupt" it without formatting, as I don?t have access to my original computer to put the music back on, and I would quite like to be able to listen to my music for the next month before I return home. I hope I?ve explained that well enough!

I?d be grateful for anyone?s advice on this matter!!

Liz

Collapse -
Nice work

The formatting Sony Walkman NWZ, it's nice work!

Collapse -
lost all functions on nwz e344

In reply to: Sony Walkman NWZ deleted all my music?

My battery wires came loose from my Sony . I am trying to retrieve my songs.i could not get them to transfer to wmp.it would not work. What can I do? ??

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.