General discussion

Sony Vaio Laptop + Asus P5E3 Deluxe motherboard = Wifi probl

Hi,

I have recently purchased a Sony Vaio Laptop with wifi support that is inbuilt or onboard. I already have a Asus P5E3 Deluxe motherboard at my home with ram 2 gb, 9800 gtx card and a quad core processor. Now, I connect this pc with a broadband connection at home running 1mbps speed. This motherboard also has a wifi onboard connection. What I am trying to do is setup this wifi connection so that my laptop can also connect to the internet wirelessly. For this I have installed the wifi driver of Asus (something called Asus WiFi-AP @n software) and configured it with giving it a proper connection name and a password. I have successfully done all the wifi network setup wizard on the pc and it is working well. Now the problem is that, my laptop is able to find this wifi connection but after sometime it gives an error saying to troubleshoot network connection and the wifi network disappears from the laptop and again i have to search for this wifi network and the cycle continues. Similarly, when I am trying to connect my Nokia e90 mobile phone with the pc via wifi, my phone is able to pickup the wifi connection and sometimes it is able to connect to the internet and I am also able to browse different websites but sometimes it gives me a gateway time out error. So, can anyone tell me how can i connect my sony vaio laptop to the internet wirelessly by using the Asus P5E3 Deluxe WiFi-AP @n connection? Also if possible, then please let me know how to connect my phone as well, which is a secondary question. Thank you in advance.

Note that - The operating system that I am using on my pc with Asus P5E3 Deluxe motherboard is having Windows XP installed on it and on the sony vaio laptop windows 7 is installed.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Sony Vaio Laptop + Asus P5E3 Deluxe motherboard = Wifi probl
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Sony Vaio Laptop + Asus P5E3 Deluxe motherboard = Wifi probl
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I read your post twice and

Can't find where your router is installed.

It appears you are trying to go without one.

- Collapse -
dont have a router

I dont have a router and i dont want to connect with the router. Actually i have a motherboard that dont requires a router.

[quote]{ASUS P5E3 Deluxe/WiFi-AP@n is one of the most high-end motherboard for the socket 775 platform from ASUS. Based on the latest chipset from Intel, X38, it features tons of extra features such as Wi-Fi access point (allowing you to share your Internet connection wirelessly without the need of a wireless broadband router)}[/quote]

Actually, what i am trying to do is that, my pc with Asus P5E3 Deluxe is having wifi onboard and my sony vaio laptop is also having a wifi onboard. I dont have internet connection on my laptop, but i have a broadband connection on my pc. On my pc i have installed the required wifi drivers and configured it properly. Now on my laptop, I have enabled the wifi and it is acquiring the wifi from the pc but I am not able to surf the net on my laptop. Hope that makes things clear.

- Collapse -
That's fine but does it work?

Apparently not. And your post omits a detail that could have others reading the manual about this feature. And that is a link to that manual so members could see if they find a cause.

The cheap fix here would be a router. Borrow one and see.
Bob

- Collapse -
what manual

I dont get what manual are you talking about. I know that if i buy a router then i can easily connect multiple pcs and so on, but i dont want to use a router. What i am trying to do is, I want to connect my laptop by using the motherboards wifi signal and i have already set it up perfectly and my laptop is also able to pickup the wifi signal, but soon after it is telling me to troubleshoot network. So do you have a solution for this. Thank you in advance.

- Collapse -
Sorry if I was unclear.

If this is a feature of this machine, the manual should describe the procedure.

Supply a link to your product's manuals for others to see how to set it up.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info