General discussion

Sony suppose to move on towards FPR 3D TV technolog

A couple of days back I came to know that Sony is also looking towards FPR 3d tech.

Is it actually possible for Sony to do so?

As FPR is the LGs 3d tech then how can Sony will use that?.?

Moreover if Sony comes up with FPR 3d tv so is there any difference between Sony's FPR or LGs FPR 3d tv or they both are same.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Sony suppose to move on towards FPR 3D TV technolog
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Sony suppose to move on towards FPR 3D TV technolog
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I think you might got confused...!!!

Recently two month back only LG has launched its 3d tv in India and it's not even familiar to the Indians properly.
then how can Sony comes up with FPR 3d tech.....?

- Collapse -
Do you have a link to ...

what you came to know?

Kees

- Collapse -
I don't no exactly..!!

I found this news on internet two days back, don't have any link exactly....
but it's written there that Sony is going to adopt the FPR 3d tv tech and going to implement in its coming up 3d TVs soon....

- Collapse -
Yea, even i heard.....

Even i heard about that Sony is coming up with FPR 3d tech.
But still confused that it is adopting the FPR 3d technology or not and is it a right move.....!<div>
</div>

- Collapse -
Sony will adopt FPR technology

Yes, in near future Sony will adopt FPR technology and it is possible for Sony to do so.
I think some contract has been done between Sony and LG.

- Collapse -
Are you kidding??

How can this be possible??
I heard about LG but there is no relevant news about Sony moving towards FPR..
I guess you have wrong information..

- Collapse -
Sony suppose to move on towards FPR 3D TV technolog

Oh..no..its not true...
Even I heard that Sony's about to come with FPR but when I researched about it then I got to know its all fake...
There is no authenticity to this news..

- Collapse -
Noways..!

That's a dumb post..

- Collapse -
I read about this too...

I read about this too on the web long time ago, and it said LG and Sony are making a deal to become a partner by LG to lend their passive technology to Sony. Companies like Vizio, Toshiba, Philips and few other companies have already adopted LG's FPR passive technology for their 3D TV, so why not Sony? I don't know how the Sony would adopt this technology but they will figure that out. Don't worry. lol

For your last question is No. Even though LG let them use their technology, the Sony's FPR 3D TV won't be exactly the same as LG's and you can think it as the Sony's active 3D TV and Samsung's active 3D TV are not the same. Samsung's 3D TV glasses doesn't work on Sony's. Also, all Vizio, Toshiba, and Philips's 3D TVs are different from LG's and from each other. So let's wait and see how the Sony will work on this.

CNET Forums