General discussion

Sony NWZ-S639FBMC2: Where Is This Model From?

Good day, to you.

I purchased a Sony NWZ-S369BLK via a reputable online merchant. In turn, I received a player that's packaged as a "NWZ-S639F."

Oddly, on the package exterior, an overlayed sticker has "NWZS639FBMC2."

There's very limited info on the internet regarding this model, and none of it states if this a "knock-off" or refurbished item. Foremost, I could not find out what market (Country) it was produced for.

I would welcome a reply from anyone with experience, or knowledge, with this model, as I'm seriously considering return it, and thanks in advance.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Sony NWZ-S639FBMC2: Where Is This Model From?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Sony NWZ-S639FBMC2: Where Is This Model From?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
My question is...

do you like it for that price you paid, if yes, then keep it. If not then you know what to do. I google for the info and what comes up is very strange. Here is what I think happen; This is a fake SONY (not knockoff). When Sony found out about it, everything has to stop. What do you think.

- Collapse -
Here's What I Think...

This is an odd model description, isn't it? I've put this info "out there," and the overall responses have been similar. Even Sony, couldn't explain the model number. I'll wait for additional feedback on this matter, and thanks for yours.

- Collapse -
It's legitimate

I still have a NOS factory-sealed S639FB that I purchased cheap from a local Best Buy when they were blowing out the remaining old Walkman backstock. It too has the same FBMC2 nomenclature on a UPC sticker stuck over the original UPC printed on the cardboard packaging within the plastic blister packing.

CNET Forums

Forum Info