Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

SONY NWZ B143F compatible with Mac?

by theseaotter / November 27, 2009 9:42 PM PST

AAAAAAArrrgghhhh! My new Mp3 player arrived, the Sony NWZ B143F and even though I trawled reviews and was happy that it was drag and drop friendly enough to us on a mac seems to keep ejecting itself from my machine.

Please somebody advise me? I was desperate to go out for a run... grrrrr!

I'm running OS 10.6.2 on an I mac.

Any help greatly received as snow leopard already made my expensive scanner redundant this week.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: SONY NWZ B143F compatible with Mac?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: SONY NWZ B143F compatible with Mac?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Try anythingbutipod.com
by make_or_break / November 30, 2009 4:29 PM PST

You might have better luck there posting in the Sony section of their forums.

Collapse -
Thanks....
by theseaotter / December 1, 2009 2:38 AM PST

I've actually managed to get the mp3 player to work with leopard. Meaning as per all other issues I'm experiencing lately... it's SNOW leopard causing problems of compatibility yet again.

Thanks for the advice though, I'm new to cnet.

theseaotter

Collapse -
Please help me then....!!
by nuggibuggi / February 2, 2010 10:16 PM PST

I have the same problem with my Sony NWZ-B143F and Mac OS 10.6.2.
What did you do to fix the problem.......?????

Please tell me.

Collapse -
Not really a solution....
by theseaotter / February 2, 2010 10:49 PM PST

I'm afraid that I didn't find a solution to the snow leopard compatibility issues. As per my perfectly good and working but for now redundant scanner... we shall just have to hope Apple (& HP in the scanner's case) provide relevant updates soon.

I happen to have an older laptop with regular leopard on and so use that to put music on my mp3 player.

An all round the houses route I know... but perhaps you could borrow a friend's machine still running leopard. If you're like me and want to load all your music on for a while... that's really your only (slightly shoddy) solution for the mo?

Plus try snow leopard again every now and then... just in case anything changes?

Collapse -
Thanks
by nuggibuggi / February 2, 2010 11:03 PM PST

Ok thanks, I will await the situation. I do have another mac, a newer mac mini as my mediacenter running 10.5, but I don?t use that with my music. Only the Pro13.....
But it seems to be my only way at the moment.

Cheers. Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.