Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

Sony NWZ-A818

I finally broke down and bought the Sony NWZ-A818. Nice little player and what not. The only gripe I have is that the headphone cable is small even with the extension. Can anyone recommend some good accessories for this player. Sony doesnt have anything like a pair of headphones with a remote or something. does anyone have any suggestions?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sony NWZ-A818
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sony NWZ-A818
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
well you could find an extender

In reply to: Sony NWZ-A818

yea

Collapse -
Headphones

The long portion of the headphones is supposed to go behind your neck. I also got the clear hard case(link below) it is very nice. I have been having conversion issues with video to the player, but overall it is a great player. I have not really found anywhere else to get accessories, but I am sure you can find any nice pair of headphones. Stupid proprietary stuff.......Anyway accessories I have seen on ebay or amazon are basically the same cost or same thing you can get from the sony style website. You get two silicone cases on sonystyle, but only one on ebay. I like the hard case it looks nice and the rubber pieces for the controls offer a nice tactile feel. Hoep this helped.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665234492

Collapse -
RE: MP3 Player

In reply to: Headphones

I bought the Sony mp3 player had it for about a week and then returned it. I have big hands and this just didnt work out for me. I am now considering the IPOD Touch. I will finally be a part of the IPOD crowd.

Any thought?

Collapse -
Big hands?

In reply to: RE: MP3 Player

You could look at the Classic or the Nano. Doesn't get much simpler than the Click Wheel.

The Touch works for most hands, but some of the controls onscreen are a little on the small side. If your hands are that much of a pair of meatplates Silly that you find operating an 818 difficult, then a Touch may not be for you.

Collapse -
meatplates :p

In reply to: Big hands?

I like that. I am going to go into the nearest best buy since i have a $100 giftcard and handle the classic and the touch. I want to be able to watch movies so the nano is out. thats small. at any rate....i appreciate the feedback. i do like the fact that the touch has wifi capabilities that frankly will work better than my cellphone when my friends want to look something up. go figure.

Collapse -
i'll choose the iRiver E100 over iPod Nano

In reply to: RE: MP3 Player

Collapse -
clear platic case

In reply to: Headphones

i bought the same clear plastic case for the sony nwz-a816 from eforcity.com with shipping included for around 12 bucks or so for anyone looking for one

Collapse -
It may be a little late, but...

take a look at audiocubes.com. also the j buds at amazon seem to have a pretty good rating for $20 headphones.

Collapse -
by the way...

In reply to: It may be a little late, but...

the nwz 818 is just fantastic. i was gonna get a nano, but then got redirected to cnet's great review of this mp3 player.

Collapse -
Mp3 Player

In reply to: by the way...

I said screw it. I had $100 towards something at BEST BUY and caved and bought the IPOD TOUCH. I love the hell out of this thing. The only downside is that its hard to get album art to get onto the player correctly. A minor complaint but hey who cares

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!