General discussion

Sony NW-HD5 - Disable USB Charging

Hello,

I want to use the NW-HD5 as a little portable HD to copy photos from my camera too when out and about. I've got a Sharkoon USB bridge that lets me connect the HD5 on one side and my camera to the other and it copies all the files across. No need for a computer so perfect for shooting RAWs.

The problem is, every time I plug in the HD5 it starts trying to recharge and quickly drains the Sharkoons batteries. Is it possible to somehow disable the USB charging on the HD5?

Thanks,

Ric

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Sony NW-HD5 - Disable USB Charging
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Sony NW-HD5 - Disable USB Charging
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Simple. Cut the Vcc line in the connecting cable.

I'd use a sacrifical cable as a test.

Bob

- Collapse -
thanks

of course, silly me, i was thinking i was going to have to do something to the player.... but just the cable Happy

thanks

Ric

CNET Forums