HolidayBuyer's Guide

Sony forum

Resolved Question

"SONY" logo not showing at the start up of the TV

by A380747 / December 3, 2013 12:38 AM PST

My 1 week old Sony Bravia TV was working fine until a day ago. i.e., whenever it was switched on, it used to show the SONY logo in the beginning. But now something is wrong I guess and it is not showing SONY anymore.
I did the factory reset, but nothing happened . I know it is not a big issue, but still that is something that one dosent expect can happen. Could it be some virus threat; I have no idea. This sounds silly, but its still annoying.!!!!!!!!!

A380747 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: "SONY" logo not showing at the start up of the TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: "SONY" logo not showing at the start up of the TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by A380747

Collapse -
I don't see the model number.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 3, 2013 12:56 AM PST
Collapse -
Model no of the TV
by A380747 / December 3, 2013 8:44 PM PST

Sorry, I forgot to mention that . It is KDL-46W950A. And when I do a software update, it shows the logo for a short period of time and then goes blank and then starts again.
This may be because of the software installation process.
But even now the logo dosent show .

Collapse -
Didn't find the manual
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 4, 2013 12:20 AM PST
In reply to: Model no of the TV

Let's hope Sony will answer or provide a manual about the logo on/off such as I noted above in the link.

Collapse -
The TV and the manual is there on Sony's site.
by A380747 / December 6, 2013 4:26 PM PST
In reply to: Didn't find the manual

I think they don't supply W950A in the US, that's why you are not able to find it.
It's okay. I'll try something . But I hope u understood what I meant about the logo showing when the TV is switched on . Hope you'll find something about it.

Collapse -
That's a partial clue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 6, 2013 10:05 PM PST

I supplied the e-how link but now that I know it's not an US model that doesn't help me find a manual. Sorry if I was unclear. If I don't find an English manual I can't check it.
Bob

Collapse -
This is solved too, but not in my favour.
by A380747 / December 26, 2013 1:57 PM PST
In reply to: That's a partial clue.

I finally found out when the logo shows up again. But for that the main current source should be "on" ALL the time. It is only when the TV is in Standby mode with the power switched on and you turn the TV on again, the logo shows.
So that means if the power is turned off and then you switch on the TV for the first time, the SONY logo won't show.

AND I found out a new limitation to this "Power always ON" problem. The CLOCK's timer resets ALWAYS. That means there is no internal battery in the TV for the clock to be running even with the power OFF. I found this out when I set up the clock the first time and then when I switched it on again ( after the power was turned off ), the time disappeared .
In a PC even after the power is turned off and then you switch your computer on, the clock and date still works. I don't if this was neglected with the Designers knowing it or it was just forgotten, this still is annoying, because that's the least one can expect from a TV this expensive.
I don't know about other companies but SONY TV's don't have an in built battery for time and date .

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.