Question

Sony KDL55W828B or KDL55W809C

Hey guys, newbie here!

I just ordered the Sony KDL55W828B the other day but now the KDL55W809C price has been reduced and its actually 20 euros cheaper (which really isn't an important difference). My question is, is the KDL55W809C better than the older W828? Is there such a difference that I should return the 828 and order the 809? I live in Finland so the model numbers are probably nordic versions. The 828 is the same as 829 and 809 is a version with Motionflow 1000hz. Thanks in advance for your help!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Sony KDL55W828B or KDL55W809C
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Sony KDL55W828B or KDL55W809C
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Rare it seems.

I went looking at AVFORUMs to see if folk had more to write but came up empty. For me the 1000Hz is a non-seller to me as I continue to turn off motion processing time after time. I don't know about use but I find the times it messes up more distracting than any enhancement it may deliver.

Newer doesn't play well at times either. You can find examples of where a prior model actually has better PQ (picture quality.) For me it's all about PQ and never the smart apps or motionflow.

- Collapse -
Totally agree

Thanks for your quick response! I totally agree, picture quality is a priority. I've also tried to find info on how these two TVs compare but haven't really found much. I do use the TV for gaming also if that's important when considering between these two.

- Collapse -
OK. Gaming!

Here's what I look for.

1. Input lag.
2. Being able to turn image processing off. This is very important as no picture processing to date has not impacted lag. Just display it!

The models are too rare for me to check into. But those 2 items seem to matter most to gamers.

CNET Forums