Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

Sony HD3 and HD5

by Splattered_Whim / June 12, 2005 8:58 AM PDT

What are the differences between the HD3 and HD5? Is it just the battery life, and the size?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sony HD3 and HD5
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sony HD3 and HD5
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
hd3 and hd 5
by nolaz21 / June 12, 2005 10:54 AM PDT
In reply to: Sony HD3 and HD5

yes yes my friend i have both models.. the hd3 was a great look even though the hd5 is lacking the beauty of the h3 its makes up the sexiness by being smaller and the the buttons the front of the player. it allows me to navigate threw the files quite easy. Now the difference between the two plays is that the H3 is a sexy look but the hd5 has the removable battery and the move to motion thing. meaning what every direction i hold the player the words fits to that... and you get 10 extra hours of playtime but i left my playr on and i only got about 36 hours it fel a little short of 40 hours but still great.
Everyone should upgrade its a good move......

Collapse -
availability?
by Splattered_Whim / June 12, 2005 12:06 PM PDT
In reply to: hd3 and hd 5

I was looking at the newer model in black, and it says that it isn't available yet. When will it be available in the other colors?

Collapse -
hd4
by nolaz21 / June 12, 2005 7:52 PM PDT
In reply to: availability?

i've been reading up on it that the colors to the hd5 and h5 should be coming out in about 2-3 weeks but then again who knows..

Collapse -
hd5
by nolaz21 / June 12, 2005 7:56 PM PDT
In reply to: availability?

but trust me the silver one looks so much better its just sexy i put both them together and the silver wins....my cuz from uk has the black but the volume is so low due to the europe volume. but in another week or so u should be able to get the black in the us just pre-order it

Collapse -
so cool
by silverdragon1712 / June 12, 2005 9:23 PM PDT
In reply to: hd5

kicks ipod *** majorly. Makes ipod 20GB looked pwned, grilled, shut-down, steam rolled...hahaha
im getting one!
Go the silver or black one cos they look best, or wait for the special edition version which is said to come our in 30GB

Go silver NWHD5!

Collapse -
special edition?
by Splattered_Whim / June 13, 2005 2:35 AM PDT
In reply to: so cool

How long would I have to wait for this "special edition?"
I am looking at getting one before I go on a long trip at the end of July. Any chance that would be before then?

Collapse -
hd5
by nolaz21 / June 13, 2005 5:47 AM PDT
In reply to: special edition?

well you can get the 30 special imported if you cant wait ..but come on do you really think your gonna use 30 gb of space

Collapse -
hd5
by Splattered_Whim / June 13, 2005 7:11 AM PDT

I'd rather have the problem of too much space rather than too little.

I was just curios as to when it might come out, to know if it was even a possibility in the timeframe i'm looking at.

Collapse -
hd5
by nolaz21 / June 13, 2005 8:06 AM PDT

yeah your right there will be a time when the 20 gb will run out.. yeah so the 30 is also a bargin only like 30 dollars extra.. but im not sure when it will come out but like i said there are sites that are selling them now you just have to google hd5 to find them

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?