Video Cameras forum

General discussion

sony handycam sr 12 help

by dustindang88 / October 25, 2008 9:09 AM PDT

i cant use one touch burn after i transfer files from the camcorder to he PC and back to the the camcorder. i get this message "There are no new media files for ONe Touch DIsc Burn to save." i believe this has to do with the AVCHD files (m2ts and the CPI files. please help me
please and thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: sony handycam sr 12 help
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: sony handycam sr 12 help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sorry.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 25, 2008 10:31 PM PDT

But from what I've learned, from PC to Camcorder transfers have always been something you can't count on. Besides, why would we need that? I know some want it so make it a warranty issue if their system failed.

Collapse -
Let me share a title I use to make DVDs.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 27, 2008 12:52 AM PDT
In reply to: Sorry.

It's called DVD FLICK and has succeeded where other software failed.

Collapse -
Transfering files back to camcorder ....
by Papa Echo / October 26, 2008 2:22 PM PDT

...the file probably changed some of their attributes, so the "One Touch" program does not reconize them as files it can work with. But - what actually was your problem ? What were you trying to do ?

Collapse -
bump
by dustindang88 / October 26, 2008 2:42 PM PDT

i had to import some videos from the camcorder into my computer so it would not go onto the dvd that i was going to burn on a dvd from the camcorder. now doing vice versa IMPORTING the files into the camcorder from the computer and for the videos i put onto a dvd INTO the computer.

Collapse -
Getting files back to the camcorder ...
by Papa Echo / October 26, 2008 5:15 PM PDT
In reply to: bump

I am still not very clear on what you are tyring to do, but if I understand you correctly ....

Th SONY HDR-SR12 is a High Difination video camera, using a Hard Disk as a recording medium, and saving files in mpeg4 format (for HD) and mpeg2 (for SD)[which the "One Touch" program reconizes.]

When you export these files to a computer and create a DVD out of them, the files on the DVD are of the vob format. If you import DVD video from a DVD to a camcorder, it won't automatically change into mpeg2 - you need a conversion program to convert them first, but then you would lose details - they would not be exactly the same original mpeg2 files. For this reason, the "On Touch" won't reconize the vob files you put back unto the camcorder. But....where are the original files ? They should still be on the camcorder Hard Disk (if you have not reased them) or on the computer hard disk where you saved them to "author" the DVD.

OR are you trying to save a DVD from another source to the camcorder ? If so, you won't be able to, for the same reason.

(I have no experience with the SR12 nor the "One Touch" program)

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.