General discussion

Sony DSC V1 or Canon Powershot A95

Guys!! help me out!!! After extensive research I have shortlisted these 2 cameras. Which one do u recommend?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Sony DSC V1 or Canon Powershot A95
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Sony DSC V1 or Canon Powershot A95
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Sony V1 or Canon A95
- Collapse -
which one???

I can't speak for the the sony but I recently bought the A95 after a lot of research! I could't be more pleased! I've already had some 4x6's developed at w-mart and it absolutely blows away most 35 mm's on quality. The thing that amazes me is the natural color.

One reason I really liked the A95 was that it took compact flash. I'm guessing the Sony takes a memory stick? I bought a 512 mb. card from newegg for about $35. A 512 mb memory stick would run well over $100. Those are things you might want to consider when thinking about overall cost.

The A95 is an excellent camera for someone that wants a point and shoot camera (auto mode) and has all the whistles and bells for someone with specific needs.

The hotshoe that the Sony offers would be the biggest advantage that the sony has over the canon in my opinion. That would be pretty nice if you were taking a lot of pictures of people and you wanted to get rid of the red eye (which I haven't seen much problem with on the A95).

The USB2 might help some but realistically most people buy a card reader for $15 and never direct hook-up to the pc.

The 2x3 format will allow you to print 4x6 pics without cropping off the top and bottom of the original image.

snapshot2 has some very good points... Like he said, you need to decide which features you want!

Good luck

Brent

- Collapse -
Sony DSC V1

I recently bought the Sony camera. I love it. I don't regret purchasing it at all. I was blown away with the quality of the pictures. I usually don't print digital photographs but use them on the computer. But I was amazed at the clarity and detail of the photograph. I like the fact that this camera has many options for expansion. Changeable lenses, external flash, etc. It's a great camera and I am very satisfied with it.

CNET Forums

Forum Info