General discussion

Sony DCR-PC350 A/V Connection Question

Hello to any of you users with the oldie but goldie Sony PC350 matchbook style camcorders. I have a relatively quick question: I know one can play recordings from the camera to an out source (such as a TV) using the A/V plug and appropriate cables, but can you *record* from an out source using the same set up? I have a thermal camera with an RCA video output that I would like to record from.

Thanks, folks.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Sony DCR-PC350 A/V Connection Question
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Sony DCR-PC350 A/V Connection Question
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Page 93 in the manual
- Collapse -
Got it!

I had intuitively done what the instructions showed and got no results. Your message inspired me to try again.

I had the cam in "camera/tape" mode (which seemed logical to me) and accidentally slipped it into "edit/play" when playing around and...tahhh dahh, it worked.

I went back to the instructions to see placing it into "edit/play" mode isn't mentioned until you get to page 94 when discussing "dubbing to another tape", instructions I had ignored due it not being what I was looking to do. Or, I'm just blind...

Thanks for the reply! Without it, I may have given up.

- Collapse -
YAY!

It's funny how we interpret things.

Even better are the accidental "EUREKA!" moments... Been there, done that - too many times than I care to admit...

Glad to know it's working for you.

CNET Forums

Forum Info