General discussion

SONY DCR HC26---help!!!

Hi
Works fine but can't transfer onto computers---tried it on a MAC, and 2 difrerent PC with XPs, closest I can get is viewing pix on computer. I have the Picture Package, done the USB streamingbut no luck but lots of frustration.
I see I'm not totally alone on this.

Any help would be appreciated.
MT

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: SONY DCR HC26---help!!!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: SONY DCR HC26---help!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
The Sony DCR-HC26 is

a miniDV tape based camcorder.

Firewire cable to connect the camcorder's DV port to the computer's firewire port is required for DV import from the tape. Hopefully, your computer has an available expansion slot so you can add a firewire port.

As you have discovered, USB does not work.

- Collapse -
SONY DCR HC26

Tks aboy84

- Collapse -
DCR-HC26

You will need a firewire cabe but there are several kind. I use a mac pro. The cable needed for a mac pro set up is a "fire wire 800 cable 9pin to 4 pin" this is very specific. If you are using a different type of computer such as a pc you will need to check the port in your computer. Older mac may have a different port as well. If you do not know which port you have call the people at Apple and give them the specs on your computer and the year you bought it and they will be able to tell specifically which cable you will need.
Also very important. Do not buy the CD for the DCR-HC26 if you have i-movie on your laptop the cd is no longer needed if you have imovie

CNET Forums

Forum Info