Camcorders forum

General discussion

Sony DCR-DVD-403 buying question

by scott12333 / June 22, 2005 10:32 AM PDT

Hi, my parents want to buy me a Sony dcr-dvd-403 Handycam Dvd Camcorder. The only problem is they dont want to spend lots of money. My Dad wants to get the best of the best so it wont be obsolete in a few years.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a website where you can find this camcorder for really cheap? We found one for $469.00, but it came with like a 10 minute battery, so you pretty much had to buy another battery. And ONLY a 30 day warranty. So we probably wont buy from them.

So, if anyone has a website with a DCR-DVD-403 Sony Handycam Dvd Camcorder for really cheap, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, please dont give me websites that make you buy the battery and the warranty and the charger separately unless they are all cheap.

Thank you all very much!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sony DCR-DVD-403 buying question
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sony DCR-DVD-403 buying question
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
were you successful in finding one from a reptuable seller
by cgj005 / July 15, 2005 12:23 AM PDT

i see they cost about $750-$1000 online
do you know what accessories i need addition to the default ones that come out of the box

Collapse -
Sony DCR-DVD-403 buying question
by jcrobso / July 15, 2005 12:31 AM PDT
Collapse -
reliable , u get what u pay for
by cgj005 / July 15, 2005 3:39 AM PDT

true the cheaper prices i found had a catch, they did not include the battery and they sold it separately as an accessory as part of a package and they raised the price.

as far as HD and MINIDV or DVD, I'VE heard great things about the DCRDVD403, seems like almost everyone loves it. i think i will stick w/ that one since it is so easy it seems to pop a dvd in instead of dealing with those cables and i don't think i will be editing video so the lack of easy editing capabilities of dvd doesn't bother me

Collapse -
Dont waste money on SONY
by jinglanzhang / July 15, 2005 2:37 PM PDT
Collapse -
$469 must be for other models, not DCR-DVD403
by gu0982 / September 28, 2005 6:21 AM PDT

$469 must be for other models, not DCR-DVD403.

Collapse -
I recently bought it
by fun2sh / October 5, 2005 5:16 AM PDT

I also found that prices but All had catch. Selling expensive battery or Media. and all goes up to 900.
I bought this one month back from 6ave.com I had great deal of 720 $ in 6 cents shipping.I received it in next day.
Before buying please check the seller ratings on shopping.com or yahoo shopping.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.