Question

Sony Cybershot- Faulty screen?

I have a Sony Cybershot DSC-W180; the screen intermittently goes blank (white/grey) with a vertical line down the centre, particularly when I press any buttons. The image comes back if i apply pressure to the bottom right of the screen. Anyone know if this is a fixable issue?

Thanks!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Sony Cybershot- Faulty screen?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Sony Cybershot- Faulty screen?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
I have to go with no.

While it sounds like a connector connection issue, since you didn't use this clue to do the work then it's back to the camera maker to tell you how much to fix it. I never write about DIY repairs since it's an area that you either do this or you don't and you accept that it may not work out.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
Fixable Yes - But

Most digital camera repairs are over $100 (US$).

You can buy "used" Sony W180 cameras for under $100 (US$).

You can contact Sony Repair and get a quote for repair cost.
Sometimes they will offer a reconditioned camera at a good price.

CNET Forums