TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Sony Bravia KDL32M3000 widescreen issue?

My tv defaults at the normal screen size, where the image is centered in the middle, and there are black bars on the side, as to not skew the image. but i'd like it if the image was permanently set to "widescreen" mode, which can be easily changed by just going into the menu, or hitting the "wide" button on the remote. But when i change the channel, or turn the tv off, or basically do anything, it defaults back to its original, centered screen mode.

Is there anyway to fix this so my tv will STAY in widescreen mode regardless?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sony Bravia KDL32M3000 widescreen issue?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sony Bravia KDL32M3000 widescreen issue?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Menu options

In reply to: Sony Bravia KDL32M3000 widescreen issue?

What have you done in the TV's menu? There is a menu setting that allows you to choose a variety for screen formats as the default. I would need to look in my Sony manual to tell you exactly what that is (I'm at work now), but the setting tells the TV to either keep a 4:3 format on regular channels or to keep it in one of the wide modes. On my Sony, I personally keep the TV in the mode you have yours because the TV will display the correct format based on the signal it receives. Thus, when I watch HD channels (16:9) the TV will show this image correctly. If it is set to default to a wide mode it will incorrectly stretch the 16:9 image (basically doing a double-stretch).

Collapse -
Sony Bravia KDL32M3000 sound "pop" issue

In reply to: Sony Bravia KDL32M3000 widescreen issue?

I have the same HDTV set and was wondering if you had an issue with a "pop" sound that rings out whenever the channel or TV/Video is switched to a different component. It's a really annoying sound and I'm pretty sure the TV shouldn't be making it. I just bought it from Best Buy recently and had the problem as soon as I got it set up. So, I guess my main question is: Should the TV be making that sound at all, or am I just being a fool? Help would be much appreciated, thank you Grin

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.