Sony forum

General discussion

Sony Bravia KDL-V32BR2 LCD TV and 4 blink code

Can any confirm that when a Sony KDL-V32BR2 blinks 4 red lights (with a blank picture screen) that the inverter board (PCB2737) is bad? Sony does not make it easy to find out any technical info (like blink codes) but I think the inverter board is the problem. And parts (like this) from Sony seem to be non-existent.

I am on a wait list for this board (PCB2737) from a used parts resaler for about $85. I do not want to throw $85 away if the problem could be elsewhere..

Also, if it is the inverter board, does anyone know where I can buy one immediately?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sony Bravia KDL-V32BR2 LCD TV and 4 blink code
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sony Bravia KDL-V32BR2 LCD TV and 4 blink code
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
test

In reply to: Sony Bravia KDL-V32BR2 LCD TV and 4 blink code

does anyone respond to posts here?

Collapse -
Well . . .

In reply to: test

Maybe we're waiting to hear what Sony said about the codes. You did call them, didn't you? In warranty or out, Sony Support will tell you what the codes mean.

Collapse -
well..

In reply to: Well . . .

I called Sony and spoke to a person... he would not tell me anything about blink codes or tell me where I could buy parts. He sent me URL that would allow me to find a local service center... He said I had to take the Bravia in for diagnostics and repair..

Collapse -
closing out Bravia part search

In reply to: well..

Thought I would conclude this thread... I am bitterly disappointed with Sony. The specific board I need is labeled PCB2737. It has 16 transistors and some other minor components. It disconnects with 10 connectors and 5 screws to the chassic and other subcomponents. I have found used ones on the Internet for $85 (but the vendors are out of stock and have been for weeks). Sony does not sell this board but rather requires you to purchase the entire LCD assembly for over $600.

I will never buy another Sont product. The 2 year old Sony Bravia is going in the garbage can as it is more expensive to repair then it is to replace it.

Shame on you SONY....

Collapse -
Just so you know.

In reply to: closing out Bravia part search

TV and laptop makers are buying LCD panels with said boards as an "unit."

This does not ease your pain but is why you don't find the board in Sony or other maker's inventory. If you didn't get it, here it is again -> Sony didn't make the board so they don't have the spares. They buy the LCD with that board and install that.

This practice is not a sony exclusive so don't be surprised when your story repeats with other makers.
Bob

Collapse -
thanks....

In reply to: Just so you know.

You are correct... does not ease my pain....

In one last ditch attempt to economically bring this TV back to working condition, I am thinking of trying to replace all 16 transistors (or what ever they are) on the board. That is, I will desolder the old ones and solder in new ones... I just hope I can find the parts... I hope Sony (or their supplier) has not made the parts impossible to find....

Getting back to your comments that TV and laptop makers or buying the LCD units as a whole, I hope the US car industry does not go that way... Can you image having to buy a new car engine because the spark plugs failed....

Still negative on SONY...

Collapse -
JUST NOTICED SOMETHING.

In reply to: thanks....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sony-32"-LCD-Tv-part-INVERTER-board-CSN308-00-%2F-PCB2737_W0QQitemZ120494534570QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxq20091118?IMSfp=TL091118171002r8850

The bigger pictures shows these are lead (Pb) free boards. Why does this matter? I find Pb free boards to have fractured solder joints far too often. To fix this is not fun and requires a GREAT solder setup. Today I use an electronic microscope so I can get 20 or more X magnification on the work. Then using good solder (contains lead) I can reflow all the joints and add solder where I see any stress or fracture marks on the solder work.

Good luck!
Bob
Collapse -
lead free PCB

In reply to: JUST NOTICED SOMETHING.

I did see that notation on my PCB... but I did not know the ramifications...thanks for pointing that out... also, as the ebay URL you sent shows the board in question is available on ebay in the UK... I have not seen them in the US on ebay...

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.