General discussion

Sony bravia KDL-40s4100 input problem

I want to use my HDMI port 1.When I click on the input button the hdmi inputs show up but it says skip next to it and it wont go to them.How do I fix this

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Sony bravia KDL-40s4100 input problem
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Sony bravia KDL-40s4100 input problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Try the usual before the call to Sony.

1. Update the firmware if there is an update. None up at Sony.
2. Move a working HDMI device and cable to that port, re-test.
3. Still failing? Unplug all HDMI devices from the TV. Unplug the power, wait 10 minutes, try again.
4. Look in menus and product manual for RESET. Try them all.
5. I did not check if there is a menu to disable some inputs. You do that.
6. Be sure the HDMI source is HDMI 1.x. Sometimes these new 2.x devices do this.

- Collapse -
bravia

got it figured out in the settings.Thanks

CNET Forums

Forum Info