General discussion

Sony Bloggie Touch

Couldn't wait to receive this camera. Arrived 10/06/2010.Find out it does not support Mac. Why would Sony shoot them self in the foot like this? There are millions and millions of Mac owners. I do not understand. I now have to return it along with the extended warranty if there is no fix. I'm so very disappointed. I also wrote a review on the Sony style site and their blog site. So far they have refuse to post it. So much for consumer input.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Sony Bloggie Touch
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Sony Bloggie Touch
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I'm confused.

For years I've used cameras that don't support the Apples by taking photos and then pulling the content with some USB memory card reader.

Are you writing this doesn't work with this camera?
Bob

- Collapse -
re: I'm confused

This is the new Sony Bloggie Touch Video camera. I can transfer the video to my Mac iMovie, but cannot navigate the iMovie or the iDVD programs using the video from the Bloggie Touch. On the directions for the Bloggie, it says "For Windows, Does Not Support Mac". Had no idea about this when I ordered the Bloggie Touch.

- Collapse -
Ahh then it's just like the many other camcorders.

There are a lot of camcorders I need to run the video through a translator to get the video into FCP or other editors. I thought this was a CAMERA and now we see it's some camcorder. Camcorders are notorious for this issue.
Bob

- Collapse -
re: Sony Bloggie Touch

Sony has now posted my review.

- Collapse -
I experimented today

Open Imovie and then upload from your bloggie. Imovie will then have your
movie images to play with. I don't how to do that yet, but plan to learn.

CNET Forums

Forum Info