General discussion

Sony a330 or a350

I am about to buy my first dSLR and after some time comparing and searching I found this two models that I really like: Sony a330 and Sony a350(almost at the same price but not new).
For now I will use it for taking travel pictures and some concert (low light) pictures.But thinking of advancing to more professional photo taking in the future.
So what do you think about this models?Is it a good pick or should I look for something else?

PS: My price range is the Sony a330 model so if any suggestions please keep this in mind.
Thank you

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Sony a330 or a350
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Sony a330 or a350
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Hmmm

The Sony A330 is very cheap because the ergonomics of that camera were horrible and they didn't sell well at all. The difference between the two is mostly the ergonomics, so you'll have to decide if you would be alright with the camera.

You say you might go pro, but if that's the case then plan on switching to Canon or Nikon later. Sony doesn't even offer an advanced amateur APS-C sensor camera. They discontinued the A700 at the beginning of the year and there has never been a replacement. Also, Canon and Nikon have a much wider variety of DSLR choices, accessories, lens, and a professional service, which Sony does not have. Sony release 7 cameras this year, all under $1000. That's where their emphasis is, not the higher end.

- Collapse -
Ok

Ok, I see.But what model do you recommend ??? Especially with my price range.

- Collapse -
You never stated a price range

Really you can start out with either camera and jump to another manufacturer later. The reason is that you will not only get rid of the body but also the lens that came with it. You might buy a telephoto and prime lens to go along with it but you won't lose much money at all if you sold those down the line.

- Collapse -
Price range

Here are the models in my price range:
Sony a330/a350 (not new so it's im my range)
Nikon D3000
Canon Rebel XS

So this are the models that are affordable for me.

CNET Forums

Forum Info