Question

Sony 55X930e tuner problem

I am having a problem with the tuner on my my 2017 Sony XBR-55X930e TV purchased 7 September 2017.

It requires several clicks on the channel button to change the channel, or a quick double click. I cannot quickly change the channel since there seems to be a lag in the process. I have put new batteries in and tried with 3 different remotes. It happens in either direction, up channel or down channel.

I have cable tv and only use the tv tuner to watch the evening national news. I have only 8 channels active so we can surf the news channels quickly.

Wanted to see if anyone else had this problem and what the fix might be.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Sony 55X930e tuner problem
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Sony 55X930e tuner problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Is this new behavior?
- Collapse -
Sony 55X930e tuner problem

I checked the sensor and cleaned the area. I also checked Sony for updates but there weren't any.

As I said, I only use the TV tuner for 30 minutes a day so it's not a big deal. It works fairly well and I found that either a firm click or a double click will do the job.

The TV is just past the warranty but luckily my credit card extends the manufacturer's warranty for an additional two years so if it gets any worse I have plenty of time to get it repaired under the extended warranty.

Thanks for your help.

- Collapse -
My bet

Is the tech will do a factory reset and re-test before they proceed to a repair. You can look up how to do that or just ask Sony.

Just last week I had an issue with a remote and it was something rare. In their case the Sun was shining on the right spot about one hour a day and during that time the remote would get finicky or not work. Hard to compete with a nuclear power source.

CNET Forums

Forum Info