Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

Sonic Activation Module Disk?

by Big Steve / July 8, 2007 6:07 AM PDT

This morning while attempting to do some work on a Dell desktop PC up pops this screen message saying Sonic Activation Module; then it says to insert the Sonic Activation Module Disk and click OK. First I don't even have a Sonic Activation Module Disk and second what is it and how can I make this pop up message go away because it's really starting to annoy me. I went to Control Panel; clicked on add or remove programs in an attempt to locate something labeled Sonic Activation Module or Sonic anything and nothing was there. It's beginning to annoy me. How can I make this go away?

Big Steve
07/08/07

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sonic Activation Module Disk?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sonic Activation Module Disk?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: For your reading pleasure..
by Big Steve / July 8, 2007 6:29 AM PDT

Just what I need; more "stuff" to read. I'll check it out later and thank you for your post.

Big Steve
07/08/07

Collapse -
Have You Tried??
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / July 8, 2007 6:19 AM PDT
Collapse -
Re: Have You Tried??
by Big Steve / July 8, 2007 6:31 AM PDT
In reply to: Have You Tried??

No I haven't but I'll check out that link posted above.

Big Steve
07/08/07

Collapse -
Re: Have You Tried??
by Big Steve / July 9, 2007 2:20 PM PDT
In reply to: Have You Tried??

I did and I believe it worked but I have another problem; one which I brought to the boards sometime ago but can't locate the info. Now after I start up this new box pops up; it must have something to do with the network the IT guy set up for me last year.

This box has my user name listed and a password has been entered. I hit OK and nothing happens. At the top of this box in the upper left hand corner it says to connect to a series of numbers; Connect to 192.xxx.x.x then immediately below that are a pair of keys on a keyring.

Then below that are these letters and numbers "WRT54G" which is the model number for the Linksys router here in the house; then it asks for my username which is already typed in; then my password which is already typed in. Then there's a place to check remember my password which is checked.

Finally there's a place to click on OK or Cancel. This obviously has something to do with the wireless network. What can I do to make this stupid box disappear? I can't do any work on this computer without this stupid box popping up every few minutes getting in the way. Where could I go on the web to get an image of what I'm looking at because if I could I'd email it to that IT guy and tell him to tell me how to make it go away; that moron.

Big Steve
07/09/07

Collapse -
Steve, Your Other Topic Is Here..
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / July 10, 2007 1:24 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: Have You Tried??
Collapse -
Re: Steve, Your Other Topic Is Here..
by Big Steve / July 10, 2007 3:40 AM PDT

Thanks for the post.

Big Steve
07/10/07

Collapse -
Re: Steve, Your Other Topic Is Here..
by Big Steve / July 11, 2007 11:15 AM PDT

Well that IT guy in Texas finally sent me an email today about that network box appearing on my monitor's screen. I went to the link you provided; saved a picture of the box that I'm seeing then I emailed and faxed a copy of it to his office which he said he received.

As for a password being placed on this Dell desktop computer he said he didn't set one up and as for that box that I'm seeing he didn't know what I could do to make the thing go away. Duh! Hello! He's suppossedly an IT guy and he doesn't know what the box is or what I can do to make it disappear?

Where should I start? Should I start by calling Linksys; the maker of the router since it appears that the IT moron in Texas who set this all up for me last year isn't going to tell me what I need to know to make the box disappear. Feedback please.

Big Steve
Biloxi, Mississippi
07/11/07

Collapse -
It Appears Like You Didn't Try The Fix...
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / July 11, 2007 3:40 PM PDT
Collapse -
sonic activation
by steveh2010 / July 16, 2007 10:28 PM PDT

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!